Jump to content

Photo

Starfish Passing Thread


  • Please log in to reply
1448 replies to this topic

#1181 Amara3CUS

Amara3CUS
  • Jr. Member
  • 300 posts

    Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:08 AM

    OMG!!! PRAISE GOD! What an unbelievably touching story!
     

    Originally Posted by peterpanpixiedust 






    Hi ladies!  After a crazy trip the starfish and I finally made it home.  I will be sending off the starfish to Sorod today or tomorrow.  As long as I have her addey.  I'm sure it's in a pm, but if it isn't I will pm her again.  The starfish almost went MIA!!!!!  We had a tropical storm during our stay and the day of the wedding was so stormy (luckily the rain passed by the time of the ceremony, but the wind was horrible still).   Well, my bouquet got turned over with the horrible wind and the starfish fell out without my knowing until our butterfly release later.  We searched for two days in the rocks by the lighthouse and the shore... but pretty much figured the wind (that continued the whole trip) or tide washed the little guy away.  I was devastated and was already about to purchase a new guy (although it would never be the same).  Well,  on my last day of searching, my flip flops broke (very jagged rocks) and my hubby continued the search while I went back to change shoes (he's so amazing to realize how important this was to me).  Well,  as a side note, I've been a pretty nice bride to everyone, but holding all that stress in for the sake of composure has led me to treat my hubby not so great during the whole planning process.  So while he was searching, he prayed to God asking if for once, he could be my hero (which by the way broke my heart and made me realize how unfair I had been to him these last few weeks), and five minutes later he brushed the little guy with his foot!!!!  Praise the lord, he helped my baby find our starfish and he truly was my hero!  It was so crazy, the starfish was face down where you had no chance of seeing any sparkle and in a deep crevice in the rocks.  And it was in perfect condition!  The lord really does work in mysterious ways!  You all will see this story in the journal, but I have such terrible handwriting that I'd thought I'd share it here!



     



    #1182 clgriffi7

    clgriffi7
    • Banned
    • 630 posts

      Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:43 AM

      Since you are a Dreams Cancun bride - I can only imagine how bad tropical storm force winds could be out there on the point!  I am so glad your husband was able to find the little guy, but I am even happier that he was able to bring you two closer together after all of the planning stress.  I hope you have some great pictures of your starfish, because he will be a part of your wedding memories even when you two are old and gray.

       

      Originally Posted by peterpanpixiedust 


      Hi ladies!  After a crazy trip the starfish and I finally made it home.  I will be sending off the starfish to Sorod today or tomorrow.  As long as I have her addey.  I'm sure it's in a pm, but if it isn't I will pm her again.  The starfish almost went MIA!!!!!  We had a tropical storm during our stay and the day of the wedding was so stormy (luckily the rain passed by the time of the ceremony, but the wind was horrible still).   Well, my bouquet got turned over with the horrible wind and the starfish fell out without my knowing until our butterfly release later.  We searched for two days in the rocks by the lighthouse and the shore... but pretty much figured the wind (that continued the whole trip) or tide washed the little guy away.  I was devastated and was already about to purchase a new guy (although it would never be the same).  Well,  on my last day of searching, my flip flops broke (very jagged rocks) and my hubby continued the search while I went back to change shoes (he's so amazing to realize how important this was to me).  Well,  as a side note, I've been a pretty nice bride to everyone, but holding all that stress in for the sake of composure has led me to treat my hubby not so great during the whole planning process.  So while he was searching, he prayed to God asking if for once, he could be my hero (which by the way broke my heart and made me realize how unfair I had been to him these last few weeks), and five minutes later he brushed the little guy with his foot!!!!  Praise the lord, he helped my baby find our starfish and he truly was my hero!  It was so crazy, the starfish was face down where you had no chance of seeing any sparkle and in a deep crevice in the rocks.  And it was in perfect condition!  The lord really does work in mysterious ways!  You all will see this story in the journal, but I have such terrible handwriting that I'd thought I'd share it here!



       



      #1183 peterpanpixiedust

      peterpanpixiedust
      • Member
      • 656 posts

        Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:50 AM


        After that ordeal, I may already be gray!  Haha, not sure cause I'm afraid to check!  I also am going to take this chance to remention that I have my own little guy up for passing.  Two brides have already asked me to use him (I think one for april and the other is september).  I am going to do the same as JanineA.  I will pass him for a year.  I only ask two things.  I want each brides address before hand (in case someone doesn't get ahold of another, then I have addresses as back up) and that everyone sends a picture to me afterwards so I can paste in in the journal.  I don't think that's too much to ask, because after checking JanineA's, she's done the same (reserved a space for a pic after each bride).   Thanks ladies... I will make an official list as soon as I can!

         

        Originally Posted by clgriffi7 

        Since you are a Dreams Cancun bride - I can only imagine how bad tropical storm force winds could be out there on the point!  I am so glad your husband was able to find the little guy, but I am even happier that he was able to bring you two closer together after all of the planning stress.  I hope you have some great pictures of your starfish, because he will be a part of your wedding memories even when you two are old and gray.

         



         



         



        #1184 peterpanpixiedust

        peterpanpixiedust
        • Member
        • 656 posts

          Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:57 AM

          ooh, correction.. One for October and one for April.  As long as they still want to be a part of it!   It is a clear starfish (actually, he has a brother that I'm keeping in case he gets lost).  He's a bit smaller than the blue guy.  But very cute!!!  I'd like to keep it to one bride per month...so each girl isn't rushed.  But will take into consideration the dates.
           

           



          #1185 Bojanglesgirl

          Bojanglesgirl
          • Newbie
          • 88 posts

            Posted 02 July 2011 - 05:57 AM

            Hello ladies,

             

            look like I'm a little behind for my August 2012 wedding!  I was looking for the BLUE starfish for travel dates of August 1, 2012 through August 11, 2012 going to Cancun, Mexico.

             

            If there is another blue starfish floating around I would love to get on that list.  

             

            I am a sucker for these kind of traditions and it would be such an honor to have this with me on our wedding day!

             

            Thanks!


            Waiting on Palace Resorts to sign our contract.

            #1186 SS2012

            SS2012
            • Jr. Member
            • 180 posts

              Posted 02 July 2011 - 04:50 PM

              hi ladies! i tried to read a punch of the postings in this thread, but i am still a little confused and couldnt read all 111 pages of this thread! i'm a super newbie at this destination wedding thing and im wondering what this starfish thing is all about? could someone explain it to me? thanks!!



              #1187 JayKay

              JayKay
              • Sr. Member
              • 3,472 posts
              • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
              • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
              • LocationSouthern Alberta

              Posted 02 July 2011 - 06:03 PM


              Basically the idea of it is that someone has purchased a starfish for their bouquet and has decided to pass it along to other brides to use in their bouquet at their wedding.  You join a list, for whatever color you want, and if your dates fit in  with the list, and then when its your turn the person before you sends it to you and then once you use it you send it to the person after you on the list.
               

              Originally Posted by SS2012 

              hi ladies! i tried to read a punch of the postings in this thread, but i am still a little confused and couldnt read all 111 pages of this thread! i'm a super newbie at this destination wedding thing and im wondering what this starfish thing is all about? could someone explain it to me? thanks!!



               



              #1188 clgriffi7

              clgriffi7
              • Banned
              • 630 posts

                Posted 02 July 2011 - 06:05 PM

                I joined in on the starfish passing for 2 reasons:

                1.  it is a special bond to have with other brides, to know that each of your wedding days are connected by the same detail item

                2.  the starfish can be your "something borrowed" and if you are in on a blue starfish it can also be your "something blue"


                 

                Originally Posted by SS2012 

                hi ladies! i tried to read a punch of the postings in this thread, but i am still a little confused and couldnt read all 111 pages of this thread! i'm a super newbie at this destination wedding thing and im wondering what this starfish thing is all about? could someone explain it to me? thanks!!



                 



                #1189 Amara3CUS

                Amara3CUS
                • Jr. Member
                • 300 posts

                  Posted 09 July 2011 - 03:31 PM

                  Anyone know where the clear starfish is??? I leave in 6 days and haven't received it yet :(

                  #1190 kellygrrrl

                  kellygrrrl
                  • Member
                  • 614 posts

                    Posted 09 July 2011 - 04:28 PM

                    Islandbride8 should have been back on July 4, and I PMed her right before she left, so I'm almost certain it will be to you by early next week. you may try sending her a PM just in case, though.

                     

                    Originally Posted by Amara3CUS 

                    Anyone know where the clear starfish is??? I leave in 6 days and haven't received it yet


                     






                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users