hotel secreto? (Isla Mujeres)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 San Fran Sarah

San Fran Sarah
  • 173 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 03:26 PM

Has anyone looked at Hotel Secreto on Isla Mujeres during a scouting trip? It looks lovely online. We are looking for a boutique hotel in the MR to hold an April or May 09 wedding. I love Azul but I don't appreciate their vendor policies.
    Thanks in advance,
    Sarah (and Jivan)

#2 mexicobrideIndiana

• 25 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 03:35 PM

i haven't been to isla yet but we are going for our honeymoon! if you haven't already, i would recommend getting on IslaMujeres.info - Your Guide to Isla Mujeres Mexico. they have a ton of info about the entire island and all the places there are to stay. great forum, you will get lots of pictures and opinions if you ask for them! hope this helps!

#3 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
      • 2,183 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 03:40 PM

I haven't heard of this hotel, but it looks amazing!

#4 Kriswim

• 186 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 11:40 AM

I did a lot of research on Isla Mujeres, I almost decided to have my wedding there. THe hotel was too small for me needs but it seemed perfect. I heard they ar building something next door, so keep looking on Tripadvisor.com for reviews. That helped me a lot. Of course, who knows what kind of construction will happen a year from now! :-)
          **Shannon** 40 people BOOKED! (but only 23 made it b/c of the Swine flu Pandemic )

My Wedding Review: http://bestdestinati....-w-pics-43618/

#5 San Fran Sarah

San Fran Sarah
          • 173 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 01:45 AM

thanks for the info. we are planning a scouting trip in June so I will post again.

#6 JennyK

• 3,502 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 09:37 AM

I checked out this adorable boutique hotel in Cancun on my site visit. It's called Avalon Baccara.

Avalon Baccara Cancun

#7 San Fran Sarah

San Fran Sarah
              • 173 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 07:45 AM

Its nice to know there are boutique hotels right in Cancun. I think we are going to try to do Tulum or Isla but thanks so much for the info. Sarah

#8 dinogomez.com

• 5,705 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 11:13 AM

Good luck and happy planning!!

#9 Janna

• 4 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 10:23 PM

I did look at Hotel Secreto during my scouting trip and it is beautiful. Lots of clean lines and modern style. It is a very small hotel so it wouldn't be able to accomodate many people. Also, although it does overlook the ocean, the hotel is mostly centered around the pool. I also read about the noice concerns on tripadviors, but I didn't really hear anything while I was there. Another boutique hotel idea in Isla Mujeres is Casa Sirena, which is located downtown, but has a beautiful rooftop patio. Happy planning!

#10 San Fran Sarah

San Fran Sarah
                    • 173 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 07:40 PM

It sounds amazing but when I contacted the owners they said they don't host weddings. Sorry! I guess that one is out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users