Sign in to follow this  
drbrainfreeze

Question about Catamaran trips...

I tend to get some serious sea sickness :-(

Whats the opinion on these boat trips to Dunns River Falls? Is the water really choppy where you feel sick? I'm ok in calmer water, but I once went deep sea fishing and it was NOT pretty. So as long as its pretty much calm I will be ok.

I can't speak for the water conditions as I haven't made the trip (yet). I do get a little seasick though. My past experiences with catamarans hasn't been bad. I do ok as long as I have access to fresh air--I can't be in a cabin at all! You can always take a half a dramamine or chew some crystallized ginger.

Hi there, I recently took a catamaran ride our to Dunns River from the Riu hotel in Ochor Rios. ABout 20 mins in, we stopped to snorkle for about half an hour, and then it probably took another 30 minutes to get to Dunns River from there. Unfortunately I would probably call the waters wavy. Especially when you sail back. I get quite sea sick myself, however I took 1 Bonamine (??) before I left and one on the way back and was fine. Fortunately, each stretch of the ride wasn't that long. Even on on the way back, wasn't more than an hour. Our tour was set up on the beach @ the hotel.

VERY choppy on the way from the resort to Dunns River Falls. My brother got sick several times on the way there, but fine on the way back. A few people who usually get sea sick took some dramamine and were fine.