Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
LuvGrand

PV April 2009

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone! Thanks so much for all of the replies. I was wondering what you all think of a budget of $7,000 to have a wedding in PV. That would include me and my FI's travel and stay, a hotel room for his parents and hotel room for my brother and of course the whole wedding with probably about 30-ish guests. Is that going to be enough? My parents aren't going to help so we are going to try and save up the money by next April. It doesn't help that I'm a poor med student :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvGrand View Post
Hi everyone! Thanks so much for all of the replies. I was wondering what you all think of a budget of $7,000 to have a wedding in PV. That would include me and my FI's travel and stay, a hotel room for his parents and hotel room for my brother and of course the whole wedding with probably about 30-ish guests. Is that going to be enough? My parents aren't going to help so we are going to try and save up the money by next April. It doesn't help that I'm a poor med student :)
You should probably try looking at hotels that come with free wedding packages if you book a certain amount of nights/rooms. Try searching Dreams PV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah. I have looked at Dreams. So far, I think that is going to be the best deal. I just don't know how much a discount you get if you reserve a block of 10 rooms. It's just SO hard to set up a budget when I don't know what a realistic budget would be.

I probably shouldn't really stress about it right now anyway. It's a year away!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvGrand View Post
Yeah. I have looked at Dreams. So far, I think that is going to be the best deal. I just don't know how much a discount you get if you reserve a block of 10 rooms. It's just SO hard to set up a budget when I don't know what a realistic budget would be.
I probably shouldn't really stress about it right now anyway. It's a year away!
Have you contacted a Travel Agent yet? We have a few here - the host, Tammy is a TA and TA Lindsay (I think) specializes in PV. I think they could help you out with this.

I definitely know how you feel. I started out a year ago and I still have a year to go! When we first started we estimated about what you did. Now our budget is around $15k!! smile43.gif

Best of luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvGrand View Post
Wow $15K?!? There's no way we could afford that. Am I going to be able to do it for $7,000?
There are girls on here that have done if for a lot less than that. I think that is a realistic budget. Mine is 10000 and I haven't even got close yet! You will be fine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat81 View Post
There are girls on here that have done if for a lot less than that. I think that is a realistic budget. Mine is 10000 and I haven't even got close yet! You will be fine

Thanks for the help! By the way, my FI is from Comanche. We just live in Iowa right now so I can go to med school. I just thought that was funny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvGrand View Post
Thanks for the help! By the way, my FI is from Comanche. We just live in Iowa right now so I can go to med school. I just thought that was funny.
That is crazy! I am from Cali originally but have lived here for like 6 or 7 years. I don't even remember how long... Don't tell me he went to Brownwood?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat81 View Post
That is crazy! I am from Cali originally but have lived here for like 6 or 7 years. I don't even remember how long... Don't tell me he went to Brownwood?!
No he went to Comanche HS but he is also 27yo right now. Small world! Most people from Texas don't even know where Comanche is!
I'm from Henrietta, Tx which is over by Wichita Falls.....same story, different town.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×