Jump to content


Call the ROR to double check your wedding date isnt DOUBLED booked!

  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 Bride010101

  • Sr. Member
  • 1,547 posts

    Posted 21 April 2008 - 10:34 AM

    Originally Posted by Marnie&Peter
    I am so sorry, I dont mean to stress anyone out. I was just really really upset and frustrated when I found out that our date and time was double booked. We just recently booked and the people who also booked for our date booked way back in September!

    I just dont want this to happen to anyone else!!!! I found I got no where writing them but as soon as my Travel Agent wrote and called them she got thru no problem..
    Sorry I'm slightly confused. We were unable to book anything through the Riu for the 2009 year until this February. How were they able to book in Sepetember? Also, I know that once people booked for their time on the website - even before it was completley confirmed - that time slot was taken off on the website. Thats how we could tell how fast Jan 09 was filling up?

    Has anyone else had this problem as well? I really don't want to bug them again about booking stuff as I was a bit of a pain in my original reservation process.

    Also - when I asked them how long to confirm before someone could take our spot. They said we would have ~3 months... but they would contact us before we lost it. (Not sure if I trust that... but?)

    #12 kitty_kat_uk

    • Jr. Member
    • 170 posts

      Posted 21 April 2008 - 10:55 AM

      All I know is, if I've got my confirmation email/voucher that must be presented to Chandlyn at the resort, then that is the day/time I'm getting married.

      #13 Marnie&Peter

      • Jr. Member
      • 302 posts

        Posted 21 April 2008 - 05:23 PM

        I was really confused too about the couple booking in September too- I have no idea how they were ablet to do it. I just know that it was double booked and it bugged me A LOT!!!! I was told 3 months too, but I was not told that I would get a call before we lost it. I dont know if I trust that, especially how they seem to tell some people but not others.

        #14 baybride

        • Newbie
        • 33 posts

          Posted 21 April 2008 - 06:08 PM

          Originally Posted by chicklet
          We emailed the Riu to make sure that the date would still be available if we didn't do the confirmation for a month or two. They told us that they hold your date up 2-3 months. I hope everything is okay for me.

          Ok Chicklet, thanks for this info.

          0 user(s) are reading this topic

          0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users