Photo

PhotoSouvernir and Dreams Issue

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 07:29 PM

I just rcvd a very alarming email from PhotoSouvenir stating that Dreams PC is not allowing them to enter the resort to photograph weddings they have booked. Apparently, PhotoSouvenir used to have a contract at Dreams PC but for whatever reason their contract was not renewed & now they are being forbidden from entering the property!!!! I don't even know what to do!! She says recently a Dreams PC bride had to talk to all of management and plead with them to let Photosouvenir in the resort so they can take their wedding photos. She suggested I speak to management and alert them that I plan on using them for my photos and see what they say if not she will have to cancel my booking.

#2 MelissaH

MelissaH
    • 1,724 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 08:08 PM

That really sucks - I don't understand why so many resorts are doing this - it's not like they don't already make enough money off of us!!

Hope everything works out in your favour!

#3 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
      • 2,302 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 08:18 PM

Aw man, that sucks majorily! I'll keep my fingers crossed that managment has a heart when you contact them. Hopefully you can get them to come to an agreement to let them shoot your wedding. Let us know how everything works out.
        2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#4 happygilmore

happygilmore
        • 576 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 08:33 PM

Thanks for the heads up! We were thinking of using them for our May 2009 Wedding but it seems like it might be more of hassle than it is worth. Please keep us posted on how things turn out...hopefully for the best!

#5 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
          • 1,830 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:36 PM

Thanks guys, I will definitely keep ya'll posted...I'm going to contact my wedding coordinator first and see what she says, if not I'll speak to management. It sucks, they shouldn't force us to have to use their photographer...we should be able to choose whomever we want to capture our special day.

#6 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
            • 1,830 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:38 PM

Maybe they are just targeting PhotoSouvenir bc they used to work there and they are getting more and more clients. I wonder if this situation would be the same if I brought a photog with me from the states (?). Even though I dont have much time to start looking for a new photog with reasonable rates...woe its me!

#7 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
              • 11,659 posts
              • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 18 April 2008 - 10:04 PM

can you see if it is specifically photosouvenir that is not allowed...? maybe something happened between them..that is what it sounds like if they used to have the contract and now they don't...sounds fishy.

i know of a very reputable photog that is not allowed to shoot in a cabo resort because of personal issues with the resort management so resorts do have a list of vendors that they will not work with.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
              Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
              Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
              Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
              sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
              Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#8 Yari

Yari
              • VIP Member
              • 10,928 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 12:43 AM

Oh no, this stinks! I'm sorry this is happening to you.

#9 S2BLennon

S2BLennon
                • 668 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 01:29 AM

So This stinks... I am a Dreams PC bride also.. Question, how are their own photographers at Dreams? Do most people find it necessary to hire someone outside?

#10 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
                  • 1,830 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 10:35 AM

Well it seems like this is a personal thing against PhotoSouvenir...I asked the photog a few more questions and she's responded that they are having this issue because of one person at the resort. She states the WC are aware of the issue but they cant do anything about it bc its coming from upper management. So I am going to shoot an email to the WC now and at least get some info from them to find out whats going on!! This is crazy! I am glad she was honest and told me about it in advance...at least I have some time to get a new photog if necessary.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users