Engaged in Bever Creek, CO (Vail)

We actually planned the trip to Beaver Creek over President's weekend so that another couple, he is in the US Army based in Colorado Springs and on his way to Iraq. Before we left, everyone asked if I thought there would be a proposal... and I said no (and believed no) because it was also Valentine's Day and he always said that he wasn't going to let Hallmark dictate his actions... whatever that means, right?

So Valentine's Day was our first night, just us two were there at that point and we went on this amazing sleigh ride up to the top of the mountain and had a 5 course meal... so you think he proposed then, right? Nope. He waited until the last night of our, amazing by the way, trip. After it was just us two lying in bed talking about our favorite memories from the trip. We were cuddling and he asked me if I wanted to make another memory and showed me the ring! OK, it was DARK and I can't see without my contacts so he had to tell me what it was but it was sweet! We got up and sat by the fire, ate ice cream and day dreamed about our relationship this far and our future!

Even cuter is that when he called to ask my Dad's permission, he asked him to keep it a secret so that I could tell my Mom myself... awww....

And also, we only talked about rings once and I swore coming out of that conversation is that he didn't want any help picking it out. Somehow he remembered the designer I liked, three bands and figured it out from there! So I got my dream ring without helping him out!!!! Still don't know how he pulled that off without ANYONE knowinghuh.gif? That's why I love him!smile159.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opice34 View Post
CONGRATULATIONS!!

We actually got engaged there, too! It's just lovely! We wanted to have our wedding there, but good grief it was expensive!

Congrats again!
Congrats to you too! We looked into getting married there first but yeah, way too expensive!!! How's the wedding planning going for you now? Have you narrowed it down?

We have an ETA of Feb 27, 2009... but the resort prices aren't published for '09 yet and rediculous... so we are hanging tight for a few more weeks to find out what our guests can expect.

Good luck@popcorn.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by soontobeamrs View Post
Congrats to you too! We looked into getting married there first but yeah, way too expensive!!! How's the wedding planning going for you now? Have you narrowed it down?

We have an ETA of Feb 27, 2009... but the resort prices aren't published for '09 yet and rediculous... so we are hanging tight for a few more weeks to find out what our guests can expect.

Good luck@popcorn.gif
Hi! Well, we got engaged in October, so we've had a bit more time for planning. (Although I haven't done much other than pick the spot!!) We're getting married November 15th at the Hilton Cancun. What are you thinking so far?

I would have loved to get married in Beaver Creek. It is just so beautiful there. But yes, prices were insane!!! And we thought it would be a bit of a logistical nightmare with people having to fly into Denver and drive 2 hours. We're going back there for a vacation in July and I'm excited! We're staying at the same place we did when we got engaged.

I haven't even started dress shopping yet, so I have a ton to do!

Are you thinking Mexico or somewhere else? I'm so excited for you! Congrats again on the engagement! It sounds like it was a wonderful day!