Photo

Nov 08 brides

• Please log in to reply
1728 replies to this topic

#791 lucy106

lucy106
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 01:27 PM

Tara, cant wait to get home to see your pics, cant see them here.

Erica, so glad your legal day went well!! Very exciting!! and that shower sounds awesome!! What a blast!

Celina, thanks for the Sam's club tip. Wish I hadnt gotten rid of our membership. Wonder if CostCo has some too? Hmm

#792 Celina

Celina
    • Banned
    • 2,811 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 01:58 PM

Yeah, I like the LM makeup. The first one doesn't look like you have any makeup on at all. Steph, were you wearing LM makeup in your pics from your bach party?

I want to look like I have SOME color - but not drag queen color! ha!

Steph - With the cameras, I wonder if you could use my card and just mail it to your house?
      "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#793 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
      • VIP Member
      • 18,452 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 02:05 PM

Tara i definately like the LM makeup better too. Does it last a long time? Since i don't wear makeup that much, i'm not good at reapplying. I'm like you I hate wearing makeup and always want to wash it off as soon as I get home, so i know what kind of feeling you mean. What kind of foundation did you buy?
        ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
        Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
        Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#794 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
        • VIP Member
        • 18,452 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 02:06 PM

5 for $15 is a really good deal for those cameras Celina. I wasn't going to get them, but for that low of a price I think it's worth it. OH and thanks for not telling all the girls on BDW lol

#795 tvt

tvt
          • VIP Member
          • 4,812 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 02:47 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by DanielleNDerek
            Tara i definately like the LM makeup better too. Does it last a long time? Since i don't wear makeup that much, i'm not good at reapplying. I'm like you I hate wearing makeup and always want to wash it off as soon as I get home, so i know what kind of feeling you mean. What kind of foundation did you buy?
            I went to get my make up done at 1130am, then FI and I ran a ton of errands and got home at 4ish. And it's 112 degrees here, and that is what it looked like after all of that. Still looked fresh, IMO. I actually wiped some of it off when I got home, just to see what it would look like, and it still looked nice.

Here's what I got
            Foundation Primer (I told her I knew I wouldn't be using this aside from out wedding day so she gave me 6 tester tubes. Some for practice, some for the real deal. Which was so nice, because why buy a 30 dollar tube when you'll use it once!)

Tinted moisturizer - this is my foundation. I don't need a ton of coverage so this is what she recommended for me. I used it today, with a sponge (which I've never done before) and it seemed pretty fool proof. I didn't put tons on, but hey, I'm taking baby steps here!

Consealer duo with eye brightner - one for under eyes, one for red marks, blemishes etc. under the consealer there is a eye brightening powder that you put under your eyes to make them appear brighter

Bronzer

Blush

A Moasic pallet - which is used for my eye shadow, and as a highlighter on my cheek bones. has 4 colors

Creme eyeshadow. she used this as a base for the moasic pallet, but i loved how it looked alone, so i bought it for everday use. I'm wearing it today. Only needed a tiny dab, and I love the color. I think it's called Gold Rose

Translucent Setting powder - gave a nice glow

OHH I can't believe I almost forgot this! My favorite thing - eyeliner. Sounds crazy but she taught me how to put it under my upper eyelashes to open my eyes up. It's amazing. Not easy to do as I got a bunch in my eye this morning, but I'm determined to figure it out. It was amazing the difference.

I think that's it! I never realized how excited I am about all of this.. I might have opened pandoras box with this make up stuff!

#796 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
            • VIP Member
            • 18,452 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 02:53 PM

I'm going online to check out all the stuff now. I don't really mind the price, it's my wedding so i want my make up to look great.

#797 tvt

tvt
              • VIP Member
              • 4,812 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 02:56 PM

That's how I felt too. I spent 326 on all of it. But that includes 2 brushes. Which I'm going to buy cheaper some place else. So subtract amost 60 bucks from that total. Not really that bad IMO!

#798 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
                • VIP Member
                • 18,452 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:42 PM

Since i hardly buy makeup anymore, 326 would be like an investment for me lol. It'll probably last me forever too.

#799 Celina

Celina
                  • Banned
                  • 2,811 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 04:40 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by DanielleNDerek
                    5 for $15 is a really good deal for those cameras Celina. I wasn't going to get them, but for that low of a price I think it's worth it. OH and thanks for not telling all the girls on BDW lol

HA!! I know - they would buy out the entire stock! Actually I think they are like $13 something. It's an awesome deal! I'm going to pick up like 10 or so before the wedding. I still have a couple of loose ends to pick up.

BUT - none as important as my makeup! $326 OMG!! That is crazy! Like you said Tara, you just need the foolproof, shine free - shebang for 1 day - why get a couple of years worth??

I am totally going to ask for some tester tubes too!

HA - as I am typing this, this song comes on the radio...."The things we do for love..."....How freaking funny!!!

Yep - we are all doing this, the makeup, cameras, dresses, hair and everything else...all in the name of love!
                    "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#800 lucy106

lucy106
                    • 2,880 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 04:41 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by SoontobeMrsE
                      Steph - With the cameras, I wonder if you could use my card and just mail it to your house?
                      I tried the website and it said you must be logged in as a member. Ah well. Thanks though!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users