Nov 08 brides

• Please log in to reply
1728 replies to this topic

#191 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
  • VIP Member
  • 18,452 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:37 AM

there's a couple of michaels near me so i'll try a different one this time and theirs a joanns near my mom maybe i'll have her stop in. thanks for the info.
    ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
    Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
    Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#192 Celina

Celina
    • Banned
    • 2,811 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 12:13 PM

I was out on Friday and my computer at home sucks - so I have lots to add!

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Chiquita
      Your bags look fantastic!!! The guests will love them :)
      DITTO! Danielle - they are SO cute! I love that you put your names on the tree! Very CUTE!!

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Helen_S81
      We found that the bar tenders had no problem rinsing our cups out and I washed them in our room too. We gave out the discount mugs insulated ones. Most of the time I used mine for water. The water bottles in the room were large (2 litres?) so it was lug one of those around or make do with the small resort plastic cups. If you do the plastic cups with stickers they would have to be fairly large and I'd be worried about the stickers coming off when they get wet maybe?
      I ended up buying some cups over the weekend at Wal Mart. They had hot pink and blue. I bought some rub ons and a paint pen. HOWEVER - the paint pen I used to write names on the cups doesn't work. You can scratch the paint right off. I may end up rubbing all the paint off and getting rub on letters for the names. I may just do an initial unless I find another pen.
      Wont be on the rest of the day ladies, gotta go get another epidural cortisone shot in my back, yipeee! Have a great day!
      How do you feel Steph? Those things always suck, but if done right are an absolute help!

Quote:
      Originally Posted by beachbride08
      I will have a band on each side of my e-ring with pave diamonds. My e-ring is really skinny, which is what I wanted and has a millgrain edge so I was having trouble finding rings that matched perfectly. The lady that made my ring was so nice to work with and gave us a great deal so we decided to work with her again. My FI picked out his ring a few weeks ago, but I can't remember exactly what it looks like. I will post a pic once we get it. Here is a pic of my e-ring.
      Your ring is beautiful!! Congrats on finding his. We still have to get our bands.

Quote:
      Originally Posted by DanielleNDerek
      steph -i saw the oot bags you got from target on another thread, i love those bags. I think they are even nicer than the ones you were going to get for $4.95. I'm a sucker for a straw beach bag. your guests will love those bags and use them again. I wish i would of seen these bags a month ago!

well girls i managed to buy a couple of things this weekend. i got my bm shoes. they're just flip flops from kohls. i bought the ribbon i'm going to use for the pashminas. And since the folders i wanted for my invitations got messed up, i found a replacement and ordered them along with matching envelopes. three day weekend, so hopefully i can get a lot done this weekend. I cannot find raffia ribbon at any store near me, has anyone see it?
      At Target, they had some big straw bags on clearance. They were white and they had some white straw floppy hats (not on clearance). I am not much of a hat wearer I usually wear my hair up, but my daughter said I looked so cute with the hat on. The bags were cute too! They were straw-ish and had a silver thread in them. Very CUTE! So if you are looking for cute stuff - Target is the place to be!

I have seen spools of raffia at Party City near the balloon ribbon. It isn't actual straw, but a plastic type of material that looks like raffia, just not straw. I bought some last year to tie around silverware roll ups for a bbq.
      "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#193 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
      • VIP Member
      • 18,452 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 12:48 PM

party city - thanks for the tip, i would never of thought to check there.
        ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
        Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
        Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#194 lucy106

lucy106
        • 2,880 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 01:47 PM

Celina, sounds like you bought the same Wal Mart cups I did, nothing would stay on them, damn things were too slippery!

Didnt get shot, doc's office screwed up and didnt tell me it was just an evaluation, going Wednesday for the epidural, yipee! Another day off work and another day of bad eating!

#195 Celina

Celina
          • Banned
          • 2,811 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 02:36 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by lucy106
            Celina, sounds like you bought the same Wal Mart cups I did, nothing would stay on them, damn things were too slippery!

Didnt get shot, doc's office screwed up and didnt tell me it was just an evaluation, going Wednesday for the epidural, yipee! Another day off work and another day of bad eating!

Steph, I did! Did you find anything that worked? I tried the rub-ons, and they stood, but I was there with that popsicle stick for an eternity! (No - it wasn't THAT bad)-but long enough!

Shawn teased me and said he was going to find some glue-on rhinestones for me. I was like DUDE - why didn't I think of that!?! He said to leave a blank spot on the cup so I can tally how many drinks I get out of that cup!!

I told him ~ no problem!!

I'm sure Wednesday can't come fast enough for you! Hang in there!

#196 amyrak

amyrak
            • 469 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 04:02 PM

Quote:
              Danielle, YEAH YEAH YEAH!! I know I am so excited about the OOT bags I got! For those who did not see them here is the thread... http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21311

Raffia I have seen at Hobby Lobby, Michaels and JoAnn Fabrics, you have any of those?
              I'm so hoping one of my Targets has these because they are so cute and such a good deal! I'm just wondering about space in my suitcase :)

#197 lucy106

lucy106
              • 2,880 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 04:04 PM

Celina, I couldnt find a damn thing that stuck for good on the cups. I had gotten the pre-designed rhinestone sticky things and they stuck for a little while but came off eventually. They were such a good deal but not going to work.

Amy, heck ya the bags rock! I am so jacked!

#198 Celina

Celina
                • Banned
                • 2,811 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 05:19 PM

Quote:
                  Celina, I couldnt find a damn thing that stuck for good on the cups. I had gotten the pre-designed rhinestone sticky things and they stuck for a little while but came off eventually. They were such a good deal but not going to work.

Amy, heck ya the bags rock! I am so jacked!

HA - lets' just fill all those cups with milk and go get some Oreos off the highway! LOL!

#199 lucy106

lucy106
                  • 2,880 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 11:46 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by SoontobeMrsE
                    HA - lets' just fill all those cups with milk and go get some Oreos off the highway! LOL!
                    Trust me if I had been near that Oreo spill I would've headed straight for it and asked where I could find the double stuffs!

I think this weekend I am going to print my invitation envelopes and that may be about it. What do you all hope to accomplish this week/weekend?

#200 EricaG

EricaG
                    • 1,915 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:37 PM

I have a few more invites to make to give to close relatives that won't be able to make the wedding, but would still appreciate the invite. I also want to book the hall for the AHR and call the caterer. Oh yes, I am also ordering my dress and my daughters dress!
                      http://i141.photobuc....DSC_0038-1.jpghttp://i141.photobuc....DSC_0463-1.jpg
                      My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
                      http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t35125

Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users