Nov 08 brides

• Please log in to reply
1728 replies to this topic

#1371 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
  • VIP Member
  • 18,452 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 06:00 PM

Here's a pic of my dress, ignore the puss on my face. It's on a little loose we have to pull the lace a little tighter but you get the general idea
    Click the image to open in full size.
    ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
    Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
    Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#1372 beachbride08

beachbride08
    • VIP Member
    • 2,372 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 06:11 PM

Danielle, your dress is beautiful! I love all the detail on it.

Erica, your cake topper is so cute, I love that it lights up. How fun!

I now have no cake topper again. I wasn't planning on getting one, and then I really liked that one that a bunch of the girls on here got from Etsy (the custom cake topper). So I went to the site to pay a deposit, but there wasn't an option to select. I emailed Lyn to see if I was missing something and she said she had a lot of interest so she had to add more. I went back to the site after she told me to, and *thought* I paid the deposit through paypal. I didn't receive an email from her asking for my info (you send her a picture of your dress and what you want, etc. for her to make the cake topper). I went to email her to ask, but wanted to check on pay pal to make sure I had the receipt and it wasn't there. I feel like such an idiot. I have paid for things with paypal before so I don't know why it didn't work, and my card isn't expired or over limit or anything. I don't think I have enough time to place an order for that one so I think I might just skip the cake topper.
      Michelle

#1373 CarrieRN

CarrieRN
      • 815 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:37 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by amyrak
        Tara and Joe Leave on 10.30.08 and get married on 11.2.08

Danielle and Derek Leave 11/1/08 Get Married On 11/6/08

Lisa and Jayson leave on 11/2/08 and Get Married On 11/5/08

Mike & Michelle leave on 11/4/08 and get married on 11/7/08

Celina and Shawn leave on 11/5/08 and Get Married on 11/8/08

Jocelynn & Shawn leave on 11/5/08 and get married on 11/8/08

Amy and Greg leave on 11/21/08 and get married on 11/27/08

Shelley and Dave leave on 11/22/08 and Get Married on 11/25/08

Melissa and Kendall leave on 11/24 and Get Married on 11/28
        Dave and Carrie leave on 11/5 and get married on 11/7!!
        (I know, I've hardly been on here. There just aren't enough hours in a day and I can't really internet too much at work...not enough time)
        http://i236.photobuc....m/IMG_1472.jpg
        Philip at 1 yr old. Go Steelers!
        Soon I will get to post wedding pics, figure I should get some more Philip in first!

http://dv.daisypath.com/Mvdhm5/.png

#1374 amyrak

amyrak
        • 469 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:51 PM

Danielle, I love, love, love your dress!! I think this is the first time I've seen pictures of it or you in it. Ha..isn't it funny I have big puss faces too on my pics. Hopefully I can do better during the wedding :) Looking good though girl!!

Ok..welcome letters..what kind of things are you guys saying I'm debating on if I make one or not.

You guys my burn is killing me!! I have never been burnt this bad in my life. I just pretty much took a bath in aloe vera... My once comfy couch now feels like a bed of nails :)

#1375 tvt

tvt
          • VIP Member
          • 4,812 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 10:38 PM

Danielle your dress looks awesome!

And Michelle, we aren't doing a cake topper either. One less thing to bring with you. But a bummer that you didn't get the one you thought you paid for. That's a bummer!

I'll post my welcome letter wording.

#1376 tvt

tvt
            • VIP Member
            • 4,812 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 10:41 PM

my welcome letter - going in the OOT bags along with a wedding day time line, some info on girls/boys night and a welcome dinner (if i ever get that pain in my ass figured out)

Welcome to Puerto Vallarta!

We can’t believe the time has finally come and cannot wait to be married! We are so very lucky to have you all here with us for this special occasion. It means the world to us that you have come this far to celebrate with us.

As a token of our appreciation we have put together a little out of town bag with some items we thought you might find useful during your trip, as well as some additional wedding info. As you may already know, we are taking a catamaran over to the wedding site. Joe will have some anti motion sickness medicine available for you on the day of the wedding if you would like some. Also, please don’t forget to wear flat shoes, sandals or flip flops!

We have set up a photosharing website and we’d love it if you’d upload your travel pictures!
              Login to a private Photobucket.com album

We hope this trip will be as memorable for you as it will for us. Enjoy your time in Mexico!!

Tara & Joe

#1377 beachbride08

beachbride08
              • VIP Member
              • 2,372 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 09:25 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by tvt
                my welcome letter - going in the OOT bags along with a wedding day time line, some info on girls/boys night and a welcome dinner (if i ever get that pain in my ass figured out)

Welcome to Puerto Vallarta!

We can’t believe the time has finally come and cannot wait to be married! We are so very lucky to have you all here with us for this special occasion. It means the world to us that you have come this far to celebrate with us.

As a token of our appreciation we have put together a little out of town bag with some items we thought you might find useful during your trip, as well as some additional wedding info. As you may already know, we are taking a catamaran over to the wedding site. Joe will have some anti motion sickness medicine available for you on the day of the wedding if you would like some. Also, please don’t forget to wear flat shoes, sandals or flip flops!

We have set up a photosharing website and we’d love it if you’d upload your travel pictures!
                Login to a private Photobucket.com album

We hope this trip will be as memorable for you as it will for us. Enjoy your time in Mexico!!

Tara & Joe
                I like how you included the photshare site in with the welcome letter. I was debating if I should do a separate card with that info, but I like it included in the letter.
                Michelle

#1378 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
                • VIP Member
                • 18,452 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 09:27 AM

Amy you should get some Noxema for your butt. It will take the sting out.

I've been going up and down with my dress. First I love it than i don't like it on me. It's like a rollercoaster. And when i posted the pic yesterday i was having a "the dress doesnt look good on me moment". I'm glad you girls like it that makes me feel better.
                  ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                  Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                  Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#1379 chika

chika
                  • 147 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 10:17 AM

Danielle - your dress is gorgeous! It is perfect for a destination wedding.

Erica - I love your cake topper too! I've never seen one like that before: where did you get it?

Amy - Sorry to hear about your burn... I always burn my a$$, I guess because it never gets to see the light of day. LOL. Keep that aloe gel going, and take an ibuprofen - the swelling is what contributes to a lot of the pain from a sunburn.

Michelle - that sucks about your cake topper. I love the ones that Nicole makes - I've seen a lot of them. But now you can join the few of us who don't have a cake topper! I'm just getting them to decorate the top of our cake with some flowers. Nothing fancy. One less thing to worry about, kwim?

Tara - your welcome letter is really sincere and heartfelt. What a good idea to have a photo sharing site - I just might have to borrow that from you! Are you giving your bags out to people before they leave?

I got my 'stick-on-booby-thingys' in the mail. Boy, are they sticky! I'm going to try them on after work to see if they will work. I'll try them on with my dress this weekend. Anyone else using something like this?

#1380 Celina

Celina
                    • Banned
                    • 2,811 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 11:01 AM

Oh my gosh - where to start??

Erica - I love your cake topper! Is your reception outdoors or in the evening? That would have been perfect for me, I love it!

Danielle - Woman - I LOVE that dress! Oh - I love the hem and it is just perfect for you. Quit worrying - that dress looks amazing on you! It's beautiful!

Tara, your cake will be beautiful without a topper - don't worry about it! Some pretty flowers and you'll be fine!

I am going to acquaint myself with our new camera this weekend and get some pics of our OOT bags.
                      "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users