Sign in to follow this  
DanielleNDerek

Nov 08 brides

I found these orchids at Michaels...their not the fabric type, they feel a little rubbery and look a little more realistic. I'm using them for my centerpiece which is the pic (right below)..the centerpiece on bottom, right hand side with the candles and white & blue stones.

Click the image to open in full size.

i used the hot glue gun to glue the wire onto the bottom of the shells, then placed the rose petals where I wanted them and twisted the wire from them around the wire attached to the shell. Then I cut the wires to the length I wanted them and used flower tape to wrap them up. Then I hot glued the starfish onto the shell.

Actually, I was planning to put the starfish at the base of the shell, but when I put it down to tend to my kids it fell in the shell and I liked it. I asked FI what he thought of it, and he liked it to....which is amazing, so I decided to keep it. Really, they were super easy to do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethrondson View Post
i used the hot glue gun to glue the wire onto the bottom of the shells, then placed the rose petals where I wanted them and twisted the wire from them around the wire attached to the shell. Then I cut the wires to the length I wanted them and used flower tape to wrap them up. Then I hot glued the starfish onto the shell.

Actually, I was planning to put the starfish at the base of the shell, but when I put it down to tend to my kids it fell in the shell and I liked it. I asked FI what he thought of it, and he liked it to....which is amazing, so I decided to keep it. Really, they were super easy to do!
thx for the instructions...I spray painted my starfish white but it looks like the color is coming off already. I;m going to give them a few more coats and try to make the bouts. wish me luck!

I think bl3 starts in a week and a half.

Erica the boutonniers came out great. I think turqoise ribbon would look great on them, but i think turqoise looks great with everything.

Jessica those flowers look really realistic, very nice. i like your centerpiece idea.

Jessica those flowers look great!!! You girls are kicking butt with the DIY!!!

Here is what I did this weekend, made our OOT cds...