Nov 08 brides

DanielleNDerek

I am going to the city tomorrow and I am going to add some more items to our registry since the time is growing nearer. Then it will be off for my BD session. I was up most of the night thinking about it, an wondering how we can hide my 'extra skin' LMAO and still make things look good. I have to go get some outfits from La Senza tomorrow too. EEEKKKK!!!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Mom's side of the family has been talking about the day I get married and taking a trip for a DW for years. Now that it is happening, so far no one is coming, but there are a couple that are still thinking of coming, but I'm not holding my breath! Most of our guests are actually family friends and my co-workers that are coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy106 View Post
Hey ladies!!

Celina, I got my sis ( my only attendant) some gorgeous earrings from Helzberg. I went overboard but they are fabulous!!! I am going to give them to her when we get there.

I ordered our favors this weekend. A little corney but fits us. We are total pizza freaks and I found on the The Knot these favors that are pizza cutters that say "a slice of love". So not beach related but practical and everyone who knows us will totally appreciate it.

I just ordered my parents presents. For my mom I got a Waterford Ring holder for her dresser and my dad I got him a Waterford hi ball glass, he has a stiff drink Friday nights and now when he does he can think of me.

I think I finalized the playlist for our OOT cds now I just need to burn them.
How sweet for your sis! Your gifts sound great! I haven't decided on what to give our parents. That's one thing we haven't discussed yet. I love the idea of the ring holder and the hi-ball glass - very classy!

What did you end up putting on your cd?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethrondson View Post
Then yesterday I was going to do a bunch of stuff so we can go camping tonight, but when I was putting Juatin in his crib for a morning nap, something in my back popped and was bothering me all day. It is still there a bit right now, but not too bad. Basically, yesterday I tried to move around as little as I could.

Celina - I hope that Thursday comes quickly for you, since that prednisone is not a nice drug to be on, but it does do the job it needs to. I have been on that for my asthma before, and it is so nice when you get to start weaning yourself off it and even better when you get to stop it!

I got a silver chain, a larimar pendant and larimar earrings for the girls, but I don't think that I will give them to them until the noght before. We will probably hang out in my room for a bit the night before the wedding, so I think that is when I will hand them out.
Ouch Erica - take it easy! We have enough of us with back problems around here! I hope you feel better soon! Yes - Prednisone sucks! Forgive me if I sound stupid here - but what is a Larimar pendant/earrings? Is Larimar a style or brand? In your room the night before is a really sweet way to give them their gifts! It sounds so personal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbride08 View Post
I do plan on getting my BMs a gift certificate to the spa when we get to Mexico so I will give them that when we get down there. Maybe I'll put it in the OOT Bag?

..........There are three wires interwined with the beads spread out and the beads are different shapes. I will try to get pics of them so you can see.

They don't have any colored table runners or napkins. We need to work on our seating chart.

We also got my cousin's response card on Friday that her and her FI are not coming to the wedding. She is on my mom's side of the family and as of right now I have no one from that side coming. It's really sad because my mom passed away when I was 10 and I don't see her side very often since most of them live out of state. Everyone was so excited that I was getting married since I'm the oldest girl on my mom's side and my mom's only kid so I thought for sure people would use our wedding as a reunion and no one is coming. I at least expected the immediate family to come. Am I wrong to be upset about this?
Michelle, the spa certificates sound wonderful! What a nice surprise to have in the OOT bags! Your earrings sound exactly like what I am looking for! Yay on the music - that is a huge thing to have done! We are in the same boat as far as table settings go.

Regarding your cousin - you have every right to be upset. Especially since you are going to her wedding. Only one person on my dad's side is going to our wedding, and only one on my real mom's side is going. I feel bad because hardly none of my family is going and ALL of FI's family is going. I felt the same way you do, but in the end you have to look at who IS coming. It is hard not to be mad at the others. Has she mentioned who was going to her wedding? Maybe in the end you'll be the only one going to her wedding and you may have an opportunity to flip the tables on her and be her only person at her wedding from her family who goes. It is SO hard not to be upset, hurt and feel bad about it. Are you guys having an AHR?

My Mom's side of the family has been talking about the day I get married and taking a trip for a DW for years. Now that it is happening, so far no one is coming, but there are a couple that are still thinking of coming, but I'm not holding my breath! Most of our guests are actually family friends and my co-workers that are coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethrondson View Post

Yep same as us...mostly FI's family and our friends. OMG I am so excited for your BD Pics!! Maybe cover up with a sheet or some fabric or something. How exciting!! Are you wearing a veil? Maybe a pic with a veil on and some strategically placed sheets! (Alyssa did this and her pics were so cute!)

Larimar is a blue-ish gem stone that is only found in the Dominican Republic. It is mined out of the mountains in one area of the island! It really is pretty and it is suiting since we will be in the Dominican for the wedding! I will go take a pic and upload it. BRB