Nov 08 brides

DanielleNDerek

Hey ladies!!

Celina, I got my sis ( my only attendant) some gorgeous earrings from Helzberg. I went overboard but they are fabulous!!! I am going to give them to her when we get there.

I ordered our favors this weekend. A little corney but fits us. We are total pizza freaks and I found on the The Knot these favors that are pizza cutters that say "a slice of love". So not beach related but practical and everyone who knows us will totally appreciate it.

I just ordered my parents presents. For my mom I got a Waterford Ring holder for her dresser and my dad I got him a Waterford hi ball glass, he has a stiff drink Friday nights and now when he does he can think of me.

I think I finalized the playlist for our OOT cds now I just need to burn them.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello there ladies! My weekend was busy at work since it was the full moon. It actually wasn't bad for most of my shift on Fri and Sat, but then suddenly we wold get slammed with everyone coming in at once and needing to be seen pretty quickly. I was so glad at the end of my shifts to go home. Then yesterday I was going to do a bunch of stuff so we can go camping tonight, but when I was putting Juatin in his crib for a morning nap, something in my back popped and was bothering me all day. It is still there a bit right now, but not too bad. Basically, yesterday I tried to move around as little as I could.

Celina - I hope that Thursday comes quickly for you, since that prednisone is not a nice drug to be on, but it does do the job it needs to. I have been on that for my asthma before, and it is so nice when you get to start weaning yourself off it and even better when you get to stop it!

I got a silver chain, a larimar pendant and larimar earrings for the girls, but I don't think that I will give them to them until the noght before. We will probably hang out in my room for a bit the night before the wedding, so I think that is when I will hand them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleNDerek View Post
When are you girls giving out your attendant gifts?
I am giving my BMs, flower girl, and RB their gifts at our shower in a couple weeks. Mike is going to ask one of his friends that just confirmed he's coming to stand up this week, so now we will have his brother as best man and a GM. We were uneven, which I didn't care about, but he wanted someone else to stand up, but wasn't sure if any of his other friends were coming (his best friend backed out since his wife is pregnant and due a couple weeks after our wedding). He's happy he will have more people there on his side since he didn't have many family or friends coming. We haven't decided on GM gifts yet, but he'll be taking care of that anyway. I do plan on getting my BMs a gift certificate to the spa when we get to Mexico so I will give them that when we get down there. Maybe I'll put it in the OOT Bag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoontobeMrsE View Post
Is anyone else buying their BM's jewlery and if so what?
I had my cousin make a necklace and earrings for my BMs and FG. SHe was over on Saturday to show me the necklaces and the mock-up earrings. She made three different styles and wanted me to pick the ones I liked best. She is also going to make a bracelet for all of them. The necklaces turned out beautiful. Our colors are pink, green and ivory so she used different shades of pink, green and clear irridescent swarovski crystals. She also added in some yellow and blue beads which when she explained it I thought might look weird, but in person they look so pretty. There are three wires interwined with the beads spread out and the beads are different shapes. I will try to get pics of them so you can see. They are definitely summery, and I think they will look really pretty with the sun bouncing off of them and they are something they can wear with a lot of different outfits since it does have multiple colors in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy106 View Post
I ordered our favors this weekend. A little corney but fits us. We are total pizza freaks and I found on the The Knot these favors that are pizza cutters that say "a slice of love". So not beach related but practical and everyone who knows us will totally appreciate it.
I love the pizza cutter favor idea! That is totally something that would be fitting of my FI and I as well. We eat pizza at least 1-2x/week - probably a big reason why I can't lose weight! Ha ha!

I finally heard back from a local DJ that will be able to create a mix for us to use. We had a hard time narrowing down our song list and some of the songs we picked were long so we wanted to shorten them. We hired a DJ through the resort, but he is also the DJ for the resort disco. I've heard from other reviews that he didn't have a lot of new music and the music was very important to my FI. We are going to bring our ipod with CDs as a backup, but at least now the songs will be mixed together and we'll be able to fit more songs in since we only have the private room for 2.5 hours.

I started communicating directly with the wedding coordinators. Up until know everyting has gone through my TA. I sent them some pics of bouquets, centerpieces and cakes that I like to see if any of my ideas would be options. I think I am going to do pink roses for my bouquet and ivory rose bouquets for the BMs. I think I will probably get pink and ivory rose petals for the FG. I liked some of the more tropical bouquets, but I think there will be an extra charge for those and I'm also allergic to a lot of flowers so I was kind of nervous picking something else out. Roses are one of the few flowers that don't bother me. I'm debating on an ivory or pink rose boutenier (sp?) for Mike. He will be the only one standing up that will have a jacket so the other GM and RB won't wear them. What do you think? He will be wearing a tan suit, white shirt and green tie.

I also got a copy of our ceremony so now I can finally start working on our programs now that I know the order. I am also going to need to get more stuff for our centerpieces. They don't have any colored table runners or napkins. We need to work on our seating chart. Initially I was going to do 2 long tables and a sweetheart table. I think I need to do a table runner, or maybe just some fabric squares to sit under the flower arrangements to add a little more color to the table. The WC was going to check with the florist if they can provide glass vases for the flowers so I won't have to bring any more glass items down with me, if not I might order those blumebox vases. The WC is also going to check with the chef if they can do a cupcake tower, or if we will need to order that from an outside baker. We get a basic cake included in our package up to 3 tier either round or heart shaped so I'm hoping the cupcake tower won't be too much of an additional expense. If it is we will have to stick with the one in our package.

We also got my cousin's response card on Friday that her and her FI are not coming to the wedding. She initially said they were coming, but she hadn't responded to my emails over the past few weeks. She got engaged around the same time we did and they are planning a dW in jamaica and she asked me to stand up. She sent me an email on Saturday saying that they weren't able to come because her FI started a new job and can't take time off and she is saving her time off for Jamaica. I'm just upset that I was asked to stand up in her wedding and FI and I were trying to figure out how to budget the trip since we are already over budget with our wedding, and are moving to AZ early next year so money is going to be tight. We both said we would do what we had to be there, and now she is not coming to ours. She is on my mom's side of the family and as of right now I have no one from that side coming. It's really sad because my mom passed away when I was 10 and I don't see her side very often since most of them live out of state. Everyone was so excited that I was getting married since I'm the oldest girl on my mom's side and my mom's only kid so I thought for sure people would use our wedding as a reunion and no one is coming. I at least expected the immediate family to come. Am I wrong to be upset about this?

The only thing wedding related I did this weekend was buy gum for my OOT bags from Costco.. heh

I'm in a bit of limbo.. I need to know final numbers but the RSVP date is Sept. 5th. So I feel like I can't get too much done.

I will get alterations done on my dress beginning of Sept.. all it needs is booby cups sewn in and it hemmed.

Michelle that's great news about finding a DJ and your necklaces sound very pretty. I hope you can get pics of them.

I would do Mike's rose in pink, i think it will look nice with the green tie. It will tie in your wedding colors and also i like that the pink will match your bouqet.

there's a girl going to my resort that asked them to make the cupcakes instead of the wedding cake that's included in the package, she has to bring her own trays to put the cupcakes on though. Maybe your resort could do that.

I dont' blame your for being dissappointed about your mom's side of the family. I was a little dissapointed that none of my cousins are going to the wedding. At first everyone was really interested in going but then when it comes down to booking everyone sang a different tune. Are you doing anything special to remember your mom for your wedding day?