Nov 08 brides

DanielleNDerek

This is pretty much exactly what I am doing too!! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbride08 View Post
I'm hoping to get my invites mailed out in the beginning or at least by the middle of June, and we requested the reply by August 15.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, you girls are all doing so good!! Hereâ€s my list (I know I'm forgetting things)

What I have done:

Trip Booked

Boarding Passes sent out

Wedding website up and running

My dress bought

Some OOT gifts bought (travel candles,totes,maraca pens,sticky notes)

Bridesmaids Beach bags bought for part of gift (paying for hairdos or

massage in Mexico their choice)

Have hairdo idea and bought kit with pics and instructions

Borrowing veil from friend (got my borrowed!)

Bachelorette plans (renting a house on a lake in Traverse City for the weekend!)

Need to do:

Register at BBB, Macyâ€s and possibly Target

Bridesmaid dresses (this weekend we are finishing shopping and will finalize)

Menâ€s attire (FI will be handling this but I will have to periodically bug him)

Need to get sandals for wearing with dress after ceremony on beach

More OOT items (aspirin,travel mugs, and whatever else my eyes spy )

Find AHR site and details (this wonâ€t be until March or April 2009 )

Get all items done for a legal wedding in Mexico (translation of BC I think??)

Flowers possibly getting silk ones for the wedding

Finalize all details with the W/C at the resort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opice34 View Post
Oh, that sounds pretty!!

I've been struggling with color because I really love purple. But not so much the tropical shades of purple....I love plums and aubergines...and I was struggling with such a deep, fall color at a tropical wedding. We're getting married in a garden overlooking the ocean, so it will be very colorful with the green grass and the turqouise water. I'd like something that would contrast the green and the blue. So...I'm thinking of still going with a deep purple but having really bright colored bouquets with some orange in them. I think orange or a berry color would be really pretty against the blue and green but most of my girls wouldn't want to wear something that bright. So, I'm thinking of a more muted color with bright accents...

Have you picked your bridesmaids dresses yet?

OMG - I love those colors. Wow - they will be SO stunning together! Sounds beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyrak View Post
Ok, you girls are all doing so good!! Hereâ€s my list (I know I'm forgetting things)

What I have done:
Trip Booked
Boarding Passes sent out
Wedding website up and running
My dress bought
Some OOT gifts bought (travel candles,totes,maraca pens,sticky notes)
Bridesmaids Beach bags bought for part of gift (paying for hairdos or
massage in Mexico their choice)
Have hairdo idea and bought kit with pics and instructions
Borrowing veil from friend (got my borrowed!)
Bachelorette plans (renting a house on a lake in Traverse City for the weekend!)

Need to do:

Register at BBB, Macyâ€s and possibly Target
Bridesmaid dresses (this weekend we are finishing shopping and will finalize)
Menâ€s attire (FI will be handling this but I will have to periodically bug him)
Need to get sandals for wearing with dress after ceremony on beach
More OOT items (aspirin,travel mugs, and whatever else my eyes spy )
Find AHR site and details (this wonâ€t be until March or April 2009 )
Get all items done for a legal wedding in Mexico (translation of BC I think??)
Flowers possibly getting silk ones for the wedding
Finalize all details with the W/C at the resort.
How are the maraca pens? I am planning on ordering those and some of those tropical shirt notepads. Were they cute? I am also planning on getting flip flop playing cards.

Things that I have done:

-sent out STD

-made & sent out invites

-wedding website

-booked trip

-confirmed wedding date

-decided on wedding dress, MOH dress, one BM dress & FG dress

-have fabric to make MOH & BM dresses

-FI shirt, GM shirts & RB outfit

-favor boxes

-favors

-photo guestbook made

-signing mat

-GM gifts

-BM gifts (waiting for some items to arrive, but they are ordered)

-cake topper

-something old - Grandma's wedding ring

-something new - will be my dress

-something borrowed - Nanny's pearls

-something blue - larimar bracelet

-registered at The Bay & Linen 'n Things

-decided on OOT bag items

-made bath balms for OOT bags

-tea lights for OOT bags

-supplies to make gel candles for AHR

-supplies for Thank you cards

Things I still have to do:

-order my dress & flower girl dress (end of April)

-pants for FI & GM

-decide on last BM dress

-make ring bearer seashell

-make flower girl basket

-make garters

-get hair accessories

-get shoes for after beach ceremony & pics

-order wedding bands

-order bags and remaining items for OOT bags

-order fans

-passports for our kids

-sand ceremony

-decide on music

-also waiting for people to book!!!

We are waiting to order the OOT bag items until we know how many are coming for sure. We are also thinking about booking an excursion to Altos de Chavon for everyone, but we are looking into the cost of hiring vans for the day. As for the STD and the invites, we sent out the STD after getting engaged to give everyone about a years notice. Then I started making the invites so that when we booked and had a wedding date, we could send out the actual invites. I sent out the invites with all the wedding info, booking info & prices about a week after booking our trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieRN View Post
How are the maraca pens? I am planning on ordering those and some of those tropical shirt notepads. Were they cute? I am also planning on getting flip flop playing cards.
Yes Maraca pens were cute. I got the flip flop note pad..didn't get playing cards as I heard they were small...I may buy some regular though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethrondson View Post
Things that I have done:

-sent out STD
-made & sent out invites
-wedding website
-booked trip
-confirmed wedding date
-decided on wedding dress, MOH dress, one BM dress & FG dress
-have fabric to make MOH & BM dresses
-FI shirt, GM shirts & RB outfit
-favor boxes
-favors
-photo guestbook made
-signing mat
-GM gifts
-BM gifts (waiting for some items to arrive, but they are ordered)
-cake topper
-something old - Grandma's wedding ring
-something new - will be my dress
-something borrowed - Nanny's pearls
-something blue - larimar bracelet
Just wanted to say my old is my grandma's diamond, my new is my dress too!! Only thing left is my blue...hoping for blue underwear..ha