Michael's and Pier 1 OOT filler finds (with pics)

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 MarieSam

• VIP Member
  • 2,336 posts
    • LocationSouthern California

Posted 17 April 2008 - 08:36 PM

Hi ladies!! Some pics below on some great purchases I made not too long ago.

A couple weeks back, I posted about the Michael's travel tin candles sale, which is now over but the candles are regularly priced for $1 - still a great deal =) My scents were Lemon Verbena, Fresh Lilac, Black Cherry, Coastline and Vanilla Cupcake ~ I know there are others as well.

Also, found some journals with a great floral design on the cover in many different colors, and I know they also had pad and pen sets with the same designs all for $1 ~ another great find!!

Lastly, I bought more travel tin candles at Pier 1 for $1.88 on clearance, which have amazing scents that I will put in special bags made for family and my bridesmaids. There were tons of these at 2 Pier 1's that I went to, so I'm sure there's plenty at all stores. The scents I got were First Rain, White Pomegranate, Citrus Cilantro, Buttercream Vanilla, Mango Papaya, Aspen Flower, Island Orchid, and Ginger Peach. They all smell so good, but I think the tropical scents go with a beach themed wedding!!!

So here are the pics ~ happy shopping!!!!

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.
    Click the image to open in full size.

#2 Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 4,513 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 08:43 PM

Those look great! I am sure your guests will love the journal! I remember I was always looking for paper in the hotel room!

#3 heather007

• 620 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 08:44 PM

Awesome deal. I saw those journals in our Michael's, but they were $1.50. LoL.

#4 Dez921714

• 1,489 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 08:47 PM

Those are great :) I'm sure your guests are going to love them!
          http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#5 Yari

• VIP Member
          • 10,928 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 10:32 PM

What a great find!

#6 MarieSam

• VIP Member
            • 2,336 posts
              • LocationSouthern California

Posted 18 April 2008 - 08:44 AM

I'm hoping the guests will love and appreciate everything!!

For current and past brides to be -- Is it normal to be on the constant lookout for gifts for OOT bag I swear it's like I'm obsessed on finding the next great deal ~ but its just so much fun!! And the wedding's more than a year away What am I gonna be like as the date nears??

#7 Dbell

• 455 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 08:52 AM

Great find and a good idea, thanks for sharing!

#8 caroline

• 697 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:00 AM

I stopped by Michael's yesterday and bought some lip balm! It was on clearance for a buck a piece... (blackcurrant & apple flavours) They are a little nicer than the "Chapette" I had bought at the dollar store (must return!)

They also had 'coozies' for a dollar on clearance. Don't know what the price would be usually but I opted not to get them...

Picked up hand sanitizers (2 for a dollar) Getting there... slowly but surely! Some tums, kleenex... and some bath 'fizzers' (for the gals!)

#9 heather007

• 620 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 03:25 PM

Yes!!!! I went to a local dollar store and found the best OOT bags last night. But, then I looked at the price tag and they were $10.00 each!!!! I am not paying that much for them. Plus, that isn't really fair being at from a dollar store.

I need to go to our Michael's again, maybe after my afternoon nap. See if I can find some excellent deals.

#10 Celina

• Banned
                    • 2,811 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 03:35 PM

Great finds! I picked up the same candles from Michaels. I love the blue coastline smell.

Thanks for sharing!
                      "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users