Photo

Futbol fans! Pics from last nights Mexico vs. China game!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
  • Moderators
  • 25,218 posts
  • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 17 April 2008 - 02:46 PM

Last night we went to the Mexico vs. China soccer game at Qwest Field here in Seattle for Mexico's world tour. It was sooo much fun, the energy was astounding. I've never seen so many Mexican flags in one place! There were over 56,000 people in attendance, it was just crazy! Mexico won 1-0, to the excitement of about 95% of the crowd, us included! Here are some fun pics for ya :)
Doug in front of the stadium
Click the image to open in full size.
A crazy view of the packed stands
Doug going "Woooooooo!"
Tiny ants playing futbol!
Packed stands and Seattle skyline
Us!
The crowd after the game. Walking back to the car was fun, too! Drums and chanting, it was so cool :)

#2 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 5,752 posts
  • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 17 April 2008 - 02:57 PM

omg abbie, jose is going to hate you... we were watching the game on tv and we were saying we were sooooo surprised at how many mexicans turned out in seattle. whodathunk you had so many?! haha

#3 edna

edna
  • Site Supporter
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 03:03 PM

Abbie.. I watched the game and the first period I was screaming in the front of the TV while writing in the foum, I wished we were there... and I hate you too as Maura said!

#4 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 5,752 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 03:10 PM

p.s. why does doug always look so freaking cute in every photo?! well except for the woooo one.

and you too, you have been particularly cute in the photos youve posted lately! what are you two drinking to get so cute? i want some of your kool aid haha

#5 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 5,752 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 03:11 PM

oh and BTW, do you like el hobbit?!

#6 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
    • VIP Member
    • 11,403 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 03:17 PM

Where the hell have I been? I had no idea there was futbol at Qwest field! Oh yeah, I haven't had cable television for a week! What fun Abbie - that crowd is insane though. Great pics!

#7 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
      • Moderators
      • 25,218 posts
      • LocationSeattle

Posted 17 April 2008 - 03:19 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by edna
      Abbie.. I watched the game and the first period I was screaming in the front of the TV while writing in the foum, I wished we were there... and I hate you too as Maura said!
      it was so good! i wish you all could have gone!
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Maura
      omg abbie, jose is going to hate you... we were watching the game on tv and we were saying we were sooooo surprised at how many mexicans turned out in seattle. whodathunk you had so many?! haha
      ya, we got a handful of 'em
      p.s. why does doug always look so freaking cute in every photo?! well except for the woooo one.
      hahahahaha, yah the woo one wasn't the best shot, but i thought it was funny :) he would kill me if he knew i put that on BDW
      and you too, you have been particularly cute in the photos youve posted lately! what are you two drinking to get so cute? i want some of your kool aid haha
      thanks, lady! i can guarantee you what we were drinking last night was not waht was making us so cute (bud light, BLECH!), maybe it was what YOU are drinking right now!
      oh and BTW, do you like el hobbit?!
      what's that??

#8 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 5,752 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 03:22 PM

hahahhahaha are you insinuating that i have a mid-day drinking habit?

actually... the liquor reporter works in my bureau, and people were sampling "bourbon liqueur" earlier, but not me. sorry to disappoint!

#9 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
      • Moderators
      • 25,218 posts
      • LocationSeattle

Posted 17 April 2008 - 03:23 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Christa
      Where the hell have I been? I had no idea there was futbol at Qwest field! Oh yeah, I haven't had cable television for a week! What fun Abbie - that crowd is insane though. Great pics!
      well, there is usually seattle sounders soccer, but altho they have a small but excitable following, it's just not at all what soccer was meant to be.

next year we do get a real and true MLS team, to be named Seattle Sounders FC. season tickets are on sale now, we're getting them.

trevor's coach actually just stepped down from the sounders, he is coaching 3 teams and didn't have the time or $ to play for them anymore. he is really good tho, and the kids love him.

#10 Yvette

Yvette
      • 510 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 03:24 PM

we went to a futbol game here in Chicago when it was Mexico vs USA it was insane. We chartered a bus with 50 fam & friends, it was a blast! I would love to go to another game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users