Photo

Some sad news

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 manda0812

manda0812
  • 343 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:46 AM

I was just sitting on BDW when the phone rang, as it is getting late, I just knew it was news. My grandpa just passed away today, I live 3000kms away. My mum is upset. Pa was 96 so he had a great innings and this stay in hospital was his first ever so he has had a great life and still lived in his own home.

Anyway I can't really ring anyone else at the moment and I know how lovely everyone is on here, that I just wanted to write about him.

Ernst Jack Hammill - I am the oldest grandchild and I know he will be missed dearly. He was in world war II and never had a bad word to say about war or life in general. He is now with nana who has been waiting patiently for a very long time to see her love.

tears

#2 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:49 AM

So sorry to hear that, he sounds like a great man. At least he is with nana :)

#3 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
      • 1,798 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:54 AM

Sorry to hear about your loss.

#4 manda0812

manda0812
        • 343 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:55 AM

thank you so much. and I just realised it is 24 years tomorrow since Nana died, so she has been waiting for him. Ernst and Evelyn back together forever x

#5 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 10,366 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 08:00 AM

I'm so sorry to hear this, my thoughts are with you

#6 Karen

Karen
            • 1,308 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 08:09 AM

Sorry for your loss. I hope you and your family finds comfort in all the blessings your Pa brought to your lives.
              <center><embed src="http://www.widdlytin...nancyticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=Baby Lambert is on the way&b=7&c=0xCC00CC&f=5&y=2010&m=4&d=14" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle"...

#7 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 9,504 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 08:10 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss, Amanda. I'm glad you are focusing on the good times you had with him and know that he is in a better place. I know how hard this is. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

#8 manda0812

manda0812
                • 343 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 08:28 AM

Thanks everyone, you are all so kind and thoughtful. My sister and I were just talking on the phone and were thankful he suffered nothing and that nan's call was too strong for him to pass up this time.. better go to bed now, am tired xx

#9 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
                  • 4,881 posts
                  • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
                  • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
                  • LocationNew York

Posted 17 April 2008 - 08:35 AM

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I'm glad that your memories of him are so wonderful.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#10 MarieSam

MarieSam
                  • VIP Member
                  • 2,336 posts
                    • LocationSouthern California

Posted 17 April 2008 - 08:41 AM

Heartfelt condolences for your loss.....I know it is never easy losing someone you love. But hopefully you can find a sense of solace and comfort knowing that when loved ones pass, they are leaving to a better place where they can continue to guide and watch over us from above*

My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family ~ many hugs ~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users