Sign in to follow this  
manda0812

Some sad news

I was just sitting on BDW when the phone rang, as it is getting late, I just knew it was news. My grandpa just passed away today, I live 3000kms away. My mum is upset. Pa was 96 so he had a great innings and this stay in hospital was his first ever so he has had a great life and still lived in his own home.

Anyway I can't really ring anyone else at the moment and I know how lovely everyone is on here, that I just wanted to write about him.

Ernst Jack Hammill - I am the oldest grandchild and I know he will be missed dearly. He was in world war II and never had a bad word to say about war or life in general. He is now with nana who has been waiting patiently for a very long time to see her love.

tears sad.gif

I'm so sorry for your loss, Amanda. I'm glad you are focusing on the good times you had with him and know that he is in a better place. I know how hard this is. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

Thanks everyone, you are all so kind and thoughtful. My sister and I were just talking on the phone and were thankful he suffered nothing and that nan's call was too strong for him to pass up this time.. better go to bed now, am tired xx

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I'm glad that your memories of him are so wonderful.

Heartfelt condolences for your loss.....I know it is never easy losing someone you love. But hopefully you can find a sense of solace and comfort knowing that when loved ones pass, they are leaving to a better place where they can continue to guide and watch over us from above*

My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family ~ many hugs ~