Divorce granted for 8 year old girl

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 Kat81

• VIP Member
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 11:12 AM

Just freakin' disgusting! How can a 28 year old Man even look at an eight year old girl like that?! I can see him marrying her so that she was safe and fed and had a roof BUT to consumate it?! WTF?! BLAH!

#12 Yvette

• 510 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 11:35 AM

this is crazy!

#13 jajajaja

• VIP Member
      • 9,794 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 11:42 AM

ugh that just breaks my heart. Regardless of the law, I just don't understand how a man can look at a child like that. Even if it is part of their custom. It's just disgusting.

However, when I was in high school, my county had TWO! 9 year olds pregnant by men older than 28. Needless to say the men obviously spent some time in jail but the worst part was not that it was simply a pedifile case- the girls were actually upset because they considered the guys their boyfriends. WTF man? Sad sad sad.
        Happily married since 2008

#14 starchild

• Moderators
        • 26,161 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 11:44 AM

Wow Rachel!!! That is really sad

#15 alex

• 1,139 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by JessicaLovesBrian
            Second, 28 years old. 28?!?! I just threw up in my mouth.
            Originally Posted by starchild
            "Yes, I was intimate with her, but I have done nothing wrong, as she is my wife and I have the right and no one can stop me," he told The Yemen Times. "But if the judge or other people insist that I divorce her, I will do it, it's OK."
            Yep, I yakked all night & almost did just now! So sick!
            What a wonderful & brave little lady! My chest is constricted right now thinking about how awful all of the ordeal must have been! (not just the consummation)

#16 angitalia23

• 1,029 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 02:31 PM

This story makes my stomach turn. I work in a school with 90% Iraq students. Just this past year we had 2 seventh graders (both 13) and one eighth grader ( 14 years old) get married to men all in their late thirties. They told teachers they were scared of their husbands, one is now divorced. One girl's husband would pick her up from school and he looked so old, more like her father...it was disturbing! So sad...
              Anthony & Angela
              19 June 2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users