A poem I wrote

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Kat81

Kat81
  • VIP Member
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 12:15 AM

So, four days after I met my FI, I wrote him this poem I think I might want to use it for something at the wedding just not sure what... I just knew he was "the one" from the minute I met him.

I've dreamt of your face a thousand times

I've wrote of your love with a thousand rhymes

Trying to find you for so many years

But all that I found was heartache and tears

Just when I thought I couldn't handle a new start

You came out of nowhere and captured my heart

When you took my hand and kissed my face

You took my love to a higher place

No matter where our journey chooses to go

I'm so glad I found you, just wanted you to know

Any ideas of where I could use this

#2 Denise40

Denise40
    • 407 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 01:50 AM

I would incorporate it into your vows some how. The poem is beautiful.

#3 BarefootBride

BarefootBride
      • 1,266 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 04:05 AM

just 4 days? Wow! Its destiny!
        I would def use it in a card or BD book or inscribed on something and give it to him for a wedding present.

#4 thomastaci22

thomastaci22
        • 98 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 06:38 AM

That is awesome! My FI and I met in high school and I had a HUGE crush on him before we started dating. I wrote about that in my journal when I was 17 years old. I kept that journal and continued writing in it throughout our relationship in high school. When we broke up in college, I stopped writing in it. Then, when we got back together almost 3 years ago, I started a new one. I knew from the first time I wrote about him in the journal that this would be part of my wedding gift to him on our wedding day.

So I think I am going to write an entry the morning of our wedding day. I will give him that entry, the first one from when we got back together, and the very first one I wrote about him with a card on the day of our wedding :)

#5 manda0812

manda0812
          • 343 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 06:44 AM

what a gorgeous poem, using that in your vows is beautiful, but any way you give it to him, he will love it. we knew 5 mins into our date that we were going to be in love forever, when you know you know!

#6 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
            • 2,302 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:53 AM

The poem is very nice. If you are doing BD photos, maybe you can put it in the book. Or maybe you can read it at your reception if you don't want your vows to be too long.
              2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#7 Kat81

Kat81
              • VIP Member
              • 7,615 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:46 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by thomastaci22
                That is awesome! My FI and I met in high school and I had a HUGE crush on him before we started dating. I wrote about that in my journal when I was 17 years old. I kept that journal and continued writing in it throughout our relationship in high school. When we broke up in college, I stopped writing in it. Then, when we got back together almost 3 years ago, I started a new one. I knew from the first time I wrote about him in the journal that this would be part of my wedding gift to him on our wedding day.

So I think I am going to write an entry the morning of our wedding day. I will give him that entry, the first one from when we got back together, and the very first one I wrote about him with a card on the day of our wedding :)
                That is so sweet! I love that. Ryan wrote a poem for me too when I gave him that one. I don't have it with me but when I get home I will post it. It was sweet too. Maybe I can do both poems in the BD book. I like that idea....

#8 Kat81

Kat81
                • VIP Member
                • 7,615 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:47 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Denise40
                  I would incorporate it into your vows some how. The poem is beautiful.
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by manda0812
                  what a gorgeous poem, using that in your vows is beautiful, but any way you give it to him, he will love it. we knew 5 mins into our date that we were going to be in love forever, when you know you know!
                  Thanks girls. :)

#9 svisconte

svisconte
                  • 136 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:56 AM

What a beautiful poem. I would definetly use it as part of your vows. Great job. now you have me wanting to write one.
                    :

#10 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 4,513 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 10:45 AM

That is beautiful! I would definitly use it somewhere - I like the idea of reading it at your reception maybe after/before your first dance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users