Rose Hall, Montego Bay! UNBELIEVABLE DEAL!!!

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I was getting a little disheartened. I won't rule it out just yet.

Toni, you've changed your mind about Negil then? If I may be so bold as to ask, are they giving you a pretty decent price? I actually wasn't aware that there was another Rose Hall in MB... And you'll be tying the knot a few days after me! wink.gif

Yeah we changed our mind. We weren't thrilled about any of the kid-friendly resorts in Negril, and definitely wanted to pick a place that was kid-friendly, reasonably priced so that all of our guests could stay together, and have all the wedding functions at the hotel. Negril was absolutely beautiful and had great off-site locations but the thought of shuttling everyone to/from the hotel was not too appealing. We decided on the Iberostar Rose Hall, site unseen (we went on a scouting trip and didn't even get a chance to see this resort!) But decided on this hotel for a couple reasons - #1 i stayed at the Iberostar in Mexico and loved it #2 I have a lot of golfers in the group and Rose Hall is supposed to be amazing for golf #3 it's very kid friendly and #4 Pricing was very reasonable - for both the wedding and for our guests. The reviews for Iberostar are really mixed, but most negative reviews are from Spring Break time. I am confident though. By the time we go, the hotel will be open for a year and a half and with a group of 70 people (and they say the drinks are REALLY strong) I think we'll be fine... We are still going to Negril (beaches are sooooo much nicer than in Rose Hall), but we're going to go for 3 nights for our honeymoon and we're even inviting our couples friends to join us...

• 2 weeks later...

JABride, thank you so much for posting! It's given me a better idea of weddings at the resort and your day looked like it went off perfectly! Looks like everyone had a great time!

Is there anything that you would do differently? Would/wouldn't do? (hindsight being 20/20)

Did you bring your own photographer, or hire one from MB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redheaney View Post
JABride, thank you so much for posting! It's given me a better idea of weddings at the resort and your day looked like it went off perfectly! Looks like everyone had a great time!

Is there anything that you would do differently? Would/wouldn't do? (hindsight being 20/20)

Did you bring your own photographer, or hire one from MB?
I got the photographer that came with my package at the resort ... he was actually pretty professional and knew what he was doing -- the pictures came out really nice ... but each picture outside of my package (I had 36 free pictures) was pretty expensive ($20 per additional picture). He took a lot of pictures but when comes the time to choose what you want, that's when you bring out the money bag. I was lucky, I had a lot of friends and family that took pictures and a lot were pretty good too ...

The one thing I regret is taking more pictures ... I had a big wedding and wish the photographer took a picture of each table. One other thing is that the videographer did not take my first dance (but I have other guests that taped it so it's not completely lost) ... but that's still a bummer ... other than that, I might have started the wedding 1 hour earlier (It started at 5) and finished one hour later (people were really having fun but I had to end the party at midnight)