Newbie from Canada

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Gillie

Gillie
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 07:50 PM

Hi all,

I stumbled upon this website quite by accident shortly after New Years. On New Years Eve my bf asked me (after a long evening out) whether I still wanted to get married somewhere hot and then come back home for a big reception later. I said hell yeah and even though he has not proposed yet, I have started collecting information. I find the information on here a great help and cannot wait to start narrowing down my search for a perfect location. I don't even know yet where - I guess I'll wait until he finally pops the question before discussing it with him. By then I should have the whole wedding planned!

Thanks for all your advice and input in advance!!!!

#2 EDYTA

EDYTA
    • 1,277 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 08:05 PM

what locations have you been looking at so far?

#3 Christine

Christine
      • VIP Member
      • 21,514 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
      • Wedding Location:Napa, California
      • LocationReno, NV

Posted 21 January 2007 - 08:36 PM

Welcome!!!
      I know BC is not close to the rest of our Canadian Brides, but you Canadians are taking over this forum!!!
      Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#4 lbourassa

lbourassa
      • 55 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 08:47 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Soon to be Mrs. Hull
        Welcome!!!
        I know BC is not close to the rest of our Canadian Brides, but you Canadians are taking over this forum!!!
        that's our ultimate goal!!

ooops, actually, it's our ultimate goal to get ENGAGED!!
        Welcome to the board, I'm a newbie myself, and have the wedding already planned... still waiting for the engagement!!

#5 EDYTA

EDYTA
        • 1,277 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 09:11 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Soon to be Mrs. Hull
          Welcome!!!
          hey we are a bigger country than u guys, lol unfortunately our numbers do not even compare closely...but yay to the canadians woohoo!!!

#6 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 21 January 2007 - 09:34 PM

welcome to the forum!! we love our canadian BDWers!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#7 JulieG

JulieG
          • VIP Member
          • 8,323 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 09:50 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by EDYTA
            hey we are a bigger country than u guys, lol unfortunately our numbers do not even compare closely...but yay to the canadians woohoo!!!
            I agree, yay Canadians :) We do love everyone though, so we are happy to be here with all you American's as well :)

My friend lives in Victoria, and she got married in Hawaii, so, if you pick Hawaii, I can get her to email you. You need to pick a place first though, so we will deal with that when the time comes.

Welcome!!!

#8 -Kate-

-Kate-
            • VIP Member
            • 7,676 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 11:27 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Gillie
              Hi all,

I stumbled upon this website quite by accident shortly after New Years. On New Years Eve my bf asked me (after a long evening out) whether I still wanted to get married somewhere hot and then come back home for a big reception later. I said hell yeah and even though he has not proposed yet, I have started collecting information. I find the information on here a great help and cannot wait to start narrowing down my search for a perfect location. I don't even know yet where - I guess I'll wait until he finally pops the question before discussing it with him. By then I should have the whole wedding planned!

Thanks for all your advice and input in advance!!!!
              Welcome!! I had the whole thing planned before we got engaged too. FI called it Code Blue - like I'd make one call once he popped the question, say Code Blue, and it'd all be set.

#9 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
              • 5,248 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 11:55 PM

I hope you get engaged soon. How exciting to be anxiously waiting for him to pop the question! I can't wait till you share the good news with us, and you will have to post a pic of your ring and your engagement story. Let us know how we can help in the wedding planning.

-Glenda

#10 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 24,768 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 12:14 AM

welcome! if you want to start picking a location, just let us know what you're looking for and we can help you narrow it down some so you can book it right away after he pops the question.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users