O.k.

Now I am mad!!!!

I paid my deposit in December 2007

so rules then should apply, no?

Guess not

Word today:

TA WROTE:

This bride is also going to be using her own photographer that lives in the area, so please make note of this as she will be bringing on an outside photographer for the entire day of her wedding (and she is aware that she has to pay the USD500.00 fee). Please verify for us that this is the only charge associated with bringing in an outside photographer specifically given that she booked this with you in December 2007.

Monica replies:

If the bride is coming with her own photographer a $500.00 US fee will apply PLUS 3 nights stay. You can confirm this information at this web site.

THEN

now I know this is small

but its just the icing on the cake ...,

(too many policies changing, too many "made up" ever changing prices)

I wrote:

is the wooden walkway open for my date to be rented (November 26th)?

if so - I would like to reserve it for my wedding so please have it added to my spreadsheet of selections

Monica replied:

Yes, it is available the extra cost for this service is $150.00 US

Hmmm

For everyone else it is $100

I am seriously so sick of th BS with this place!

I was pissed off with the $500 fee and felt duped (see reply Under boycott EDR link), but sucked it up as I was not told, but now had booked a photographer. I WILL NOT pay the 3 day fee too, especially since I booked BEFORE policy change.

Looks like I am changing to Excellence

or a different Adult Only.

I feel badly moving my guests but those who know the situation support me, those who don't Ill pay the $100 difference in price - I just am that angry!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's really ridiculous that they think that they can just change the rules to extort more money from the brides. It's inoperative that the brides stick to their guns on this one. It does no good for anyone involved..... all these charges make them look bad and holding your options hostage and forcing you to choose their "house" photographer if you don't want to pay the difference..... Not right at all, you would think that they would want these outside photographer's to come in and shoot amazing images of their resort and through those images they would maybe book more weddings or vacationers it's like free advertising.

Word of mouth is a powerful thing and hurting their business "in the wallet" will show them you're not gonna take it!

I let him know this time I am seriously changing - no more BS - this is just the icing.

He agreed even before when they put int the $500 fee

and now I think he knows I am serious

My TA wrote me saying:

I completely understand and that was why I was going to hold off from sending you that email as I knew you would be really upset about it. I have already expressed to them that they have already inconvenienced us by not waiving the USD500.00 fee and that you were EXTREMELY close to taking your group elsewhere and if they will not do anything about the 3 nights, then they will definitely lose your group booking (+$90,000) and future business from myself in any of their resorts.

Please donâ€t stress about this as I will fight with them (if need be) to get it sorted out (I just need until tomorrow to hear back from Alejandra (who is my sales rep). I will pull out those emails and escalate this to Sabrina if need be to get this sorted out.

Trust me , Iâ€m as annoyed as you are as it definitely doesnâ€t make my job any easier when they keep dropping this stuff on us!! If they are going to be ignorant and not do anything for us with regards to the 3 nights requirement, then weâ€ll pull everything and book it elsewhere and tell them to “get lostâ€!

Iâ€ll let you know as soon as I hear back from them.

Thanks……..Barry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandE2008 View Post
PS
Im sure so many of you are sick of hearing about this issue - I dont blame you - so thank you for listening!
Don't worry about that. If people are stick of hearing about EDR, they don't have to read the threads. I am really glad to see the forum pulling together to try to do something about this. I'm so sorry you are dealing with it. I hope it all works out. Keep us updated.

This is what I think of their policy--> rant.gif