#31 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 12,151 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 03:13 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JessicaLovesBrian
    I drive past those huge ass Moorestown mansions too and every time I do I think "What the hell am I doing wrong?!"
    hahaha i hear ya! but honestly, who would even WANT a house that big? you'd HAVE TO have cleaning staff. and you'd probably only run into your family about once a week in there! LOL

#32 Jessica

Jessica
    • VIP Member
    • 11,939 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 04:54 PM

It does seem funny that they picked NJ... considering all the jokes about NJ!

Aww, yes, I know Morris County! I dated a guy in high school who lived in Chatham and all his friends were from his town and the surrounding area.

I just set my DVR to record it. It starts next week after the NY show reunion (11pm).

And yeah, the whole cleaning aspect is the one thing that sort of makes me feel grateful I don't have one of those Moorestown Mansions. Especially since I'm a neat freak and my husband is a slob. I'd go crazy. My whole day would be devoted to cleaning.

#33 Alyssa

Alyssa
      • 11,793 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 12:18 AM

so i just watched the first episode of RH of NJ and I thought it sucked! those women were drama just to be drama and so low class and gross. i thought that Jacklyn was nice but I am definitley not watching the rest of the season - i really didn't like it!

#34 Jessica

Jessica
        • VIP Member
        • 11,939 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:58 PM

The women were definitely so stereotypical North Jersey. Which is funny because I swear I never knew anyone like that, and most of my friends were from affluent Italian families!

I actually went to a wedding at the Brownstone though, so that was funny. I remember not liking the food so much. I'm probably going to continue to watch just to see what other places I recognize, but yeah, the women were totally gaudy and pretentious.

I agree about Jacklyn being nice though. But she's from Vegas so that's probably why!

#35 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
          • 26,161 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 10:58 PM

I didn't think it was any worse than the other seasons, just a different location. Not to say they don't annoy me but that seems to be the theme of these shows - the drama and shameless flaunting of what they think is hot. I do have to say I hated the furniture that one girl picked out, for that money she could have done better but that's her style I guess. I like Vegas girl too, she is the most normal.

I still like the NY girls the best, but I'll watch this season until I can't take it any longer

#36 KristinaM

KristinaM
            • VIP Member
            • 3,082 posts
            • Wedding Date:April 18, 2013
            • Wedding Location:Ocean Blue & Sand, Punta Cana
            • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 15 May 2009 - 11:56 AM

So I totally missed it but my mom DVRed it so I'm going to watch it this weekend and try to keep up!

Let's go easy with the north jersey comments though girls!! hahaha totally kidding

#37 Jessica

Jessica
            • VIP Member
            • 11,939 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 12:27 PM

I spent all my teenage years/early 20's in North Jersey and my family and friends still live there, so it's ok!

#38 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
              • 1,681 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 12:30 PM

I thought RHNJ was okay...I will probably watch it again, but those ladies seem a little off...I like the Vegas girl too! She seems the most down to earth.

#39 KristinaM

KristinaM
                • VIP Member
                • 3,082 posts
                • Wedding Date:April 18, 2013
                • Wedding Location:Ocean Blue & Sand, Punta Cana
                • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 15 May 2009 - 12:34 PM

haha I know Jess I was completely teasing! I think its funny what a reputation north jersey has.

#40 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 12,151 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 01:15 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by KristinaM
                  Let's go easy with the north jersey comments though girls!!
                  LOL we jersey girls have to protect our reputation ... or denounce it, actually! i have lived in nj my entire life (all different parts of the state) and have never met anyone who fits the "stereotype."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users