Photo

Oh No! Error in my STDs!!!

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 neen

neen
  • 633 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 03:28 PM

so i just realized that I totally inverted two of the numbers in my travel agent's area code on my save the cards. of course the numbers aren't an easy fix like a 3 to an 8...because that would mean god loves me and he doesn't. the error is on the opposite side of the card (in other words, not the main page) so I figrue I have two options:

- cross out the area code completely and rewrite it
    - start my STDs from scratch

i ordered my STDs so starting from scratch sets me back about two weeks for re-ordering/shipping and maybe $150 dollars. not a big deal, but also not thrilling

what would you do?

#2 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,504 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 03:38 PM

I would get some white out tape, so its not clumpy, and just re-do the area code.

If it's not the focal point of your STDs, then it shouldn't be a big deal. 2 weeks and $150 can get you a lot down the road.

You can always do one and post a pic to get some input to see if anyone notices!

#3 jajajaja

jajajaja
      • VIP Member
      • 9,794 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 03:42 PM

How many are there? How many people will really get confused? Or will they know it's inverted and call the right number? IF it's the latter, I would just roll with it.
        Happily married since 2008

#4 Spazz

Spazz
        • VIP Member
        • 10,482 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 03:46 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by JamaicaBride062108
          I would get some white out tape, so its not clumpy, and just re-do the area code.
          I like this idea!

#5 neen

neen
          • 633 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 03:49 PM

our 89 STDs are ivory so white-out won't work...unless they make it in ivory now...i'll have to check on that cause i'm thinking maybe they do.

my mom thinks i should just leave it since most people will probably just visit the website (or our website) and the number is correctly listed there.

#6 MelissaH

MelissaH
            • 1,724 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 03:52 PM

What if you get some little business cards done up just with a note on them saying "due to a printing error blah blah blah call this number instead" and stick them in the envelope with your STDs?

Most local print shops will have them done for you in a day or two and they're pretty inexpensive.

#7 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 18,759 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 03:53 PM

Ivory Correction Fluid PAP57301

they do have ivory-out!

#8 Spazz

Spazz
                • VIP Member
                • 10,482 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 03:54 PM

I found this: Paper Mate Liquid Paper Color Correction Fluid, Ivory at Office Depot.

EDIT: Morgan beat me to it...lol!

#9 neen

neen
                  • 633 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 03:56 PM

hahaha...thanks, Morgan! I'll go pick some up and see how it works out. i'll post a pic later.

MelissaH - that's a great idea! we're actually including business cards already with our wedding website address and the contact info for our TA and prices for Dreams Tulum - so at least that one will have the right number listed on it! I'm DIYing them since i found business card paper at Staples this weekend. I'll post a pic of them tonight too!

#10 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 18,759 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 04:00 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by neen
                      hahaha...thanks, Morgan! I'll go pick some up and see how it works out. i'll post a pic later.

MelissaH - that's a great idea! we're actually including business cards already with our wedding website address and the contact info for our TA and prices for Dreams Tulum - so at least that one will have the right number listed on it! I'm DIYing them since i found business card paper at Staples this weekend. I'll post a pic of them tonight too!
                      If you are including a card with your TAs number, I would just leave the invite the way it is.

You can get cheap business cards through vistaprint. I did 100 postcards instead & they were less than $7 shipped.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users