Photo

Newbie -

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 lbourassa

lbourassa
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 04:40 PM

Hi all, planning on getting married in 2008 (hopefully sometime in the winter, if the BF gets the engagement thing together... )
    Joined this site because we are wanting to get married somewhere WARM!
    Anyone been to (or planning to go) Moon Palace Resort in Cancun, or the Gran Bahia Tulum??
    Those are my top choices...
    Thanks, and I look forward to hearing about experiences and thoughts...
    Leeann

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 21 January 2007 - 04:56 PM

there are a bunch of moon palace brides on here: andrea (onelove), shelly (gunde), and andreslove

there are also a few bahia brides on as well.

welcome to the forum and let us know how we can help.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 Christine

Christine
    • VIP Member
    • 21,514 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
    • Wedding Location:Napa, California
    • LocationReno, NV

Posted 21 January 2007 - 05:08 PM

welcome, can't wait to hear all about the engagement...
    Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#4 EDYTA

EDYTA
    • 1,277 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 05:11 PM

sooo u know when he is planning to pop the question any clues?

#5 anaderoux

anaderoux
      • 3,220 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 05:32 PM

welcome leean!! I'm getting married in Cancun this july...

#6 lbourassa

lbourassa
        • 55 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 05:35 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Soon to be Mrs. Hull
          welcome, can't wait to hear all about the engagement...
          No kidding, hey??!
          Unfortunately, I'm an ultra-planner, and he's an ultra-procrastinator....! We have agreed that we want to get married this time (or so) next year, and he seemed to think that 4 months was a suitable engagement, so I had to set him straight on that one, especially if we want friends and family there with us (which we do).
          THEN I had to inform him that nice resorts that offer weddings book up sometimes over a year in advance (which was further accentuated by an email from the Gran Bahia Tulum saying that they only had a few dates left in the months that we were looking for...), so I think he's starting to get the pic.
          Anyone else have this problem with their dude...?

Anyways we've decided to plan anyways, and research resorts and packages and all that good stuff, and it was his idea that I chat with some ppl who have gone away and find out the details of good and bad, so here I am.

(I'll keep you all posted on the engagement...)

#7 lbourassa

lbourassa
          • 55 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 05:39 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by EDYTA
            sooo u know when he is planning to pop the question any clues?
            Poor guy, I think I kind of took the wind out of his sails by telling him that I didn't want a big deal made out of it. He's a hopeless romantic, and I know he wants to make it a special time (which I don't blame him) and maybe take me away for a weekend somewhere, but I own my own business, so it's hard for me to just pick up and take off... and him being the "ultra-procrastinator" - he likes to leave stuff to the last minute... and then I can't accomodate...

***sigh***

I'm really hoping in the next 2-3 months (insert crossed finger smilie here...)

#8 anaderoux

anaderoux
            • 3,220 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 05:41 PM

we booked the place and started planning 3 months before he gave me the ring.. we decided we wanted to get married the 07/07/07 no matter what so, we had to book a year before.. he was paying for my ring but then things came up, like we needed money to book the hotel and stuff.. so I had to wait a bit.. but in the end it was worth it

#9 lbourassa

lbourassa
              • 55 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 05:55 PM

well, that's good to hear - I was starting to feel like a bit of a weiner for being on here a little prematurely!

BF is in Cancun right now (a free trip), so I told him to check out a few places while he was down there... we'll see what he comes back with!

#10 -Kate-

-Kate-
                • VIP Member
                • 7,676 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 06:00 PM

Congrats!!!
                  I was on this site planning months before we got engaged. Stuff books up so fast you have to! And don't worry - we were together 10 years before we got engaged. I totally thought there would be no surprise when the ring came because I was so prepared for it but he still found a way to surprise me. Your BF will do the same thing - even if you can't be whisked away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users