Photo

HELP - wedding docs @ Riu

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 AlmostMrsForbes

AlmostMrsForbes
  • 238 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:53 AM

I don't know how I did this, but I just realized that my required wedding paperwork (birth certificate, etc) is going to arrive at the Riu AFTER the 30 day period.

Past Riu Brides - has anyone dealt with this? Do you think I'll still be able to get a marriage license? Oh god ... ! I've been so wrapped up in everything else - i don't know how I let this slip through the cracks!

#2 Kishalee

Kishalee
    • Site Supporter
    • 64 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:57 AM

Yikes. How are you sending them now?

#3 AlmostMrsForbes

AlmostMrsForbes
      • 238 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 10:01 AM

I'm going to send them Fed Ex overnight

#4 jmhein

jmhein
        • 665 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 11:37 AM

I'm sure it wont be a problem! Just email Chandlyn to let her know they're on their way. I think the 30 day requirement is just to ENSURE that the Riu can have all the paperwork in order in time because they're so busy. If Chandlyn knows yours are on the way it should be fine.
          ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#5 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
          • 802 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 11:57 AM

I think that you will be okay. I just sent mine off 3 weeks ago and got an email from Chandlyn saying that they received it this past monday. If you send it REGISTERED today, it should get there in time for your wedding. I would also follow up with Chandlyn to let her know that you've already mailed it off.

btw: Sending them overnight is going to be SOOOO EXPENSIVE!!!

#6 AlmostMrsForbes

AlmostMrsForbes
            • 238 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 12:20 PM

I know - I looked it up on Fed-ex and it is like $80!!! OMG.

#7 Kishalee

Kishalee
              • Site Supporter
              • 64 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 12:57 PM

That is crazy expensive. I think that it should be ok as far as getting them on time, though...

#8 geology_rocks

geology_rocks
                • 215 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 04:15 PM

$80 is far cheaper than paying to go back again to get married! Can you scan your paperwork, email it to Chandlyn to get it there by the 30 day mark AND fed-ex it as well?

#9 Spazz

Spazz
                  • VIP Member
                  • 10,482 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 04:17 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by geology_rocks
                    $80 is far cheaper than paying to go back again to get married! Can you scan your paperwork, email it to Chandlyn to get it there by the 30 day mark AND fed-ex it as well?
                    I forgot about the scanning option. I think some brides in the past have scanned their documents and emailed them to Chandlyn and she was ok with that.

#10 AlmostMrsForbes

AlmostMrsForbes
                    • 238 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 05:04 PM

Thanks for all of your help, Girls! We're going to Fed-Ex it tonight, and our Office Manager is going to help me scan it first!

Fed-Ex claims it should get there by Friday - we'll see! :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users