Pet Insurance

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#51 Debs

Debs
  • VIP Member
  • 7,104 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 02:34 PM

We'd never be able to do this. We'd soooooo spend it on other things! We're horrible that way!

#52 KristinaM

KristinaM
    • VIP Member
    • 3,082 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 18, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Ocean Blue & Sand, Punta Cana
    • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 15 October 2009 - 02:37 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Debs
    We'd never be able to do this. We'd soooooo spend it on other things! We're horrible that way!
    haha Debs I'm the same way!! I SUCK at saving.. but this one i just have automatically drafted.. and I guess I just know I would be heartbroken if i couldnt afford an emergency for her so i dont touch. The rest of my savings though... not so much

#53 YaelM

YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 5,369 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 02:38 PM

Defintely look into what it covers like Jess mentioned

So we actually just spent $2500 on our cat this week because he got into some string and needed emergency surgery...kinda wondering if we had insurance if it would have been a lot less.

But we also have 4 young healthy pets so for us it really wouldnt make sense. But its just a reminder that crap happens and vets are seriously the most expensive thing EVER!

#54 Debs

Debs
      • VIP Member
      • 7,104 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 02:41 PM

I'm thinking maybe just coverage for accidents for the cat maybe? I know the ones that include shots and heartworm medication and stuff, the preminums are rediculous.

#55 isaidyes

isaidyes
        • 269 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 02:56 PM

We don't have it. I've never seen the need and it seemed kind of pricey to me. I'd rather purchase healthier, all natural food, than spend money on pet insurance.

#56 juliepfeif

juliepfeif
          • 286 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 03:03 PM

The savings account is a great idea. To start saving for our wedding, I opened an ING Direct account and $50 was automatically taken out of my and my FI's checking accounts each week. I was pretty shocked at the amount after I hadn't looked at it for a while. It adds up really fast and you don't even have to think about it.

#57 YaelM

YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 5,369 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 03:11 PM

I agree - its def a good idea to have some cash reserves because you really never know what can happen. You can have the healthiest pets and then they do something stupid (like mine!) and ur stuck with an outrageous bill

#58 lara&mike

lara&mike
              • 97 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 03:47 PM

So, i guess i overpay and should check elsewhere! I think i will check PC out. I feel like i should have it, but i dont want to pay so much...sounds like its overpriced. My dog is crazy and runs free all the time. I just know if i cancelled it that she would decide to tear a cruciate or something!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users