Photo

Wedding Cakes

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#31 cifmah

cifmah
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 12:12 PM

I had the vanilla cake with white frosting . . . didn't notice if there was any rum, but it was fantastic!!! Very good cake!

#32 dragonfly

dragonfly
    • 1,820 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 01:12 PM

My husband also being a duel citizen, of Jamaica and Canada, wanted some Jamaican customs incorperated into the wedding. It was really important to Everton's mom that we had rum cake, well since we were getting married in the DR, we opted fro the resort cake, and we had E's mom make her infamous rum cake for us. We cut it up and wrapped pieces and used them as one of our favours. The cake was easy to transport, it was wrapped so it stayed fresh and all of our Jamaican guest appreciated the cake. We managed to have our cake and eat it too:) I don't know if this is an option for you, but I thought I would share how we managed this dilemma. Good luck~

#33 beyondsmitten

beyondsmitten
      • Banned
      • 75 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 03:06 PM

My Jamaican fiancee knows someone who can bake your rum cake and bring it to you in Ocho Rios. I'll be there next week and can post the info.

#34 serena

serena
        • 114 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 02:56 PM

hi everyone
          has anyone had the free cake which they say is enough for 10 people? b/c at the min i have just 10 but 3 more people might be coming they have not decided yet and i would like to know if i'm going to need to upgrade. thanks in advance..

#35 J&M

J&M
          • 173 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 04:41 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by serena
            hi everyone
            has anyone had the free cake which they say is enough for 10 people? b/c at the min i have just 10 but 3 more people might be coming they have not decided yet and i would like to know if i'm going to need to upgrade. thanks in advance..
            Hi

You should be okay for the 10ppl cake that comes with the pkg. We had 11 all together and had some left over...also we brought some silk flowers with us to match our flowers and gave them to Chandlyn to decorate the cake for us.

#36 serena

serena
            • 114 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 06:10 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by J&M
              Hi

You should be okay for the 10ppl cake that comes with the pkg. We had 11 all together and had some left over...also we brought some silk flowers with us to match our flowers and gave them to Chandlyn to decorate the cake for us.
              thanks for that i thought it would be enough but wanted to check, great idea to bring some petals i might do that, which flavour cake did you go for?

#37 J&M

J&M
              • 173 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 07:08 PM

We had the vanilla with white frosting...it was really good

#38 meltanirie

meltanirie
                • 283 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 10:21 AM

Well I am in a similar situation. except FI is American. I am staying at a villa and my aunt is coming down for the weekend. She will bake the cake there from the ingredients I pick up from the supermarket. Can't you ask a family relative to do the same (one with the best rep for baking in ur family ofcouse)?

#39 meltanirie

meltanirie
                  • 283 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 10:22 AM

Well I am in a similar situation. except FI is American. I am staying at a villa and my aunt is coming down for the weekend. She will bake the cake there from the ingredients I pick up from the supermarket. Can't you ask a family relative to do the same (one with the best rep for baking in ur family ofcourse)?

#40 cifmah

cifmah
                    • 12 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 12:05 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by serena View Post
                      hi everyone
                      Hi, if you check out the thread ROR Pictures, you'll see a picture of my wedding cake, which was part of the free package. It could probably feed 30 ppl! We had 23 people in total, and I think we only ate the top two tiers. No worries! (Print off a picture for your meeting with Chandlyn).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users