Photo

Daughter's dress arrived today

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Denise40

Denise40
  • 407 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 09:59 PM

This is the dress that my daughter will wear at our vow renewal. Excuse how she looks in it. Ignore the blue bra straps and her hair. She doesn't like it. I think once it's steamed/ironed she will like it more. It's not has heavy of a material as I thought and it's pretty simple, but that is what I wanted. Let me know your opinions. She will probably wear spanx or something along those lines. She will have a matching necklace and be barefoot except for when we go to dinner. Any other way to "dress" it up?

Click the image to open in full size.

#2 zoeysmom1204

zoeysmom1204
    • 218 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 11:06 PM

I think she looks cute!

#3 Denise40

Denise40
      • 407 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 11:08 PM

Thanks Zoey! If my son's gf doesn't like how it looks on her, then I will order 2 of the VS 7-in-1 dress in Teal and be done with it and sell these. I will know on Friday when my son and his gf come home for the weekend.

#4 manda0812

manda0812
        • 343 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 11:09 PM

you could dress up the straps with little crystal beads, very easy to sew on.. it looks very comfortable and with hair and makeup and some jewels it will look great

#5 Celina

Celina
          • Banned
          • 2,811 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 12:09 AM

I think it's cute. My BM dresses are kind of plain too. I like the idea of bling-ing up the straps.

Look at Newport-News: Women's Clothing, Sportswear, Shoes, Jeans, Special Sizes, and more

They have some cute dresses on sale now. As for this dress, I think it's fine. Is she wearing her hair up or down? I would put a flower in her hair. It's very appropriate for the beach.
            "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#6 Kryztan

Kryztan
            • 743 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 12:34 AM

Tie a ribbon to accent around the waist! Maybe a blue, pink, or lighter teal!

#7 Saraha

Saraha
              • 2,597 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 12:51 AM

I think its adorable! She can get some cute jewelry that will def make it much more fancy!

#8 Denise40

Denise40
                • 407 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 12:56 AM

Soontobe: I am not sure how she is going to wear her hear. She has a ton of it. For her senior prom on Sat, she is getting it all curled and wearing it half up and half down.

Kryztan: My dress is going to be coral, would a coral ribbon go well with it? What type of ribbon are you thinking of? When I think of ribbon I think of what you can by at Michaels or a hobby store. Where can you find something like a sash?

Sarah: This is the necklace that they will be wearing. She doesn't wear earrings even though her ears are pierced.

Click the image to open in full size.

#9 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                  • 26,161 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 02:53 AM

I think it's cute! Is the material cotton or jersey? If it's jersey-like fabric I would caution against spanks because they stick to it (learned that the hard way...lol). You could always add some sparkle or a striking piece of jewlery like the others said but it's pretty and simple as is :)

#10 lucy106

lucy106
                    • 2,880 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 02:58 AM

How about some bracelets to try to match the necklace? Maybe some gold bangles?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users