Photo

Found cheap seashells and starfish

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 heather007

heather007
  • 620 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 03:22 PM

I don't know if someone else has already posted this or not, but I was looking around for some cheaper shells and found them on orientaltrading.com. It's awesome, considering that I'm buying the majority of my favours from there, so the shipping is very low.

This is the best deal I've seen yet: 500 mini natural sugar starfish for $11.95.

~~

#2 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
    • Moderators
    • 25,218 posts
    • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
    • LocationSeattle

Posted 15 April 2008 - 03:26 PM

oh yeah heather, we're all about the OT on BDW! :) lot's of us are using them for MANY things!

#3 heather007

heather007
    • 620 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 03:28 PM

Haha, how can you tell I'm knew at this.

Question for you agian. Have you ever ordered from Shell Horizons? They have bigger ones that I'm interested in for my place card favours.

~~

#4 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
      • Moderators
      • 25,218 posts
      • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
      • LocationSeattle

Posted 15 April 2008 - 03:33 PM

haha, no prob, we were all new and excited once! when you think you're the first person to ever think of something, nope haha, lots of times its already been discussed! that's what makes the search function so cool, i've gotten lost in it before! so much to read and learn!

i havent ordered from shell horizons, but there are lots of different places other gals have ordered shells, etc. from. maybe they can chime in?

#5 tchuchuca

tchuchuca
      • 361 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 01:05 PM

I liked the larger ones on OT- did anyone buy those?

#6 roxy08

roxy08
        • 12 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:21 PM

I ordered starfish and sand dollars from Sealife coral and seashells, wholesale seashells online, mother of pearl shells and they just arrived yesterday - they're perfect!! I searched so many websites and even ebay and this was by far the cheapest and best quality I could find.

#7 dancingdolphin

dancingdolphin
          • 105 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 01:48 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by roxy08
            I ordered starfish and sand dollars from Sealife coral and seashells, wholesale seashells online, mother of pearl shells and they just arrived yesterday - they're perfect!! I searched so many websites and even ebay and this was by far the cheapest and best quality I could find.
            What shells did you order and what did you use them for?

#8 EricaG

EricaG
            • 1,915 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 01:53 PM

We ordered the pack of 30 starfish from OT as well as the pack of 500. I happy with them and they were cheap.
              http://i141.photobuc....DSC_0038-1.jpghttp://i141.photobuc....DSC_0463-1.jpg
              My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
              http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t35125

Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...

#9 roxy08

roxy08
              • 12 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 03:44 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by dancingdolphin
                What shells did you order and what did you use them for?
                I ordered the Dyed White Finger Starfish 3"-4" ($9.12 for a pack of 12, i ordered 2) and i'm using those for my placecard holders, I ordered
                Keyhole Sanddollar 1 1/2"-2" ($36 for 144) which are so cute i'm going to tie them onto the fans for the ceremony, my OOT bags, and scatter them on the reception tables for decoration. Also I ordered Sugar Starfish 5"-6" ($12 for a pack of 12 - by far the cheapest i've found and they're beautiful!) which i'm using for table decorations and i may order more for the huppa or ceremony chairs. Shipping for everything was about $11.50 but it was packed great and nothing broke.

#10 Jenleopard

Jenleopard
                • 204 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 04:02 PM

I need to order starfish but I don't meet the $50 min.

Does anyone know of another site with no min?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users