• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 11:24 AM

Some of you may have seen me post somewhere that FI's cousin has been diagnosed with breast cancer. Her name is Alice and she is only 31 years old. She is scheduled for a double mastectamy and reconstructive surgery next week.

Instead of sitting around and sulking about it, Alice has decided to do something positive with her situation. She has started My Vision Foundation to assist other young women who have been diagnosed with breast cancer. The organization's main goal is to assist women with the costs of harvesting eggs so they may one day have children, but it offers other types of support as well.

I thought I would post this on here in case anyone knows of someone who could benefit from My Vision Foundation. Here is the website: Home

#2 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 6,996 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 11:26 AM

That's really a great organization.

I have a friend that is 34 years old and a breast cancer survivor. She had a lumpectomy and endured Chemo & radiation. She is now cancer-free, but has been through a really tough time.

Everyone remember to do your self breast exams!

#3 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
      • 4,881 posts
      • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
      • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
      • LocationNew York

Posted 15 April 2008 - 11:35 AM

What a great organization!

I lost two very good, young friends to breast cancer. It's a horrible, awful, rotten disease.

It's great that your FI's cousin and her organization are giving people hope.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#4 Saraha

Saraha
      • 2,597 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 11:35 AM

That is awesome her is doing this. I have many breast cancer survivor family members and know many people. So its nice to know there are people out there that have the motivation to do something about it.

#5 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 6,368 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 03:57 PM

Yeah, I was really proud of her for standing up and doing something about it. I hope she does really well. Things are definitely off to a positive start. I will pass along the words of encouragement!

#6 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
          • 2,262 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 05:08 PM

My FSIL has stage 4 breast cancer, she's had it for 4 years now and is fighting every day and winning to a large extent. That site will help many I think - thanks for sharing x

#7 Alyssa

Alyssa
            • 11,793 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 07:28 PM

I am really sorry about her cancer but i really admire her courage and positive attitude - to turn around in a crisis and think "how can i help other people?" that is good character

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users