Sign in to follow this  
Kristy!

Young women with breast cancer

Some of you may have seen me post somewhere that FI's cousin has been diagnosed with breast cancer. Her name is Alice and she is only 31 years old. She is scheduled for a double mastectamy and reconstructive surgery next week.

Instead of sitting around and sulking about it, Alice has decided to do something positive with her situation. She has started My Vision Foundation to assist other young women who have been diagnosed with breast cancer. The organization's main goal is to assist women with the costs of harvesting eggs so they may one day have children, but it offers other types of support as well.

I thought I would post this on here in case anyone knows of someone who could benefit from My Vision Foundation. Here is the website: Home

That's really a great organization.

I have a friend that is 34 years old and a breast cancer survivor. She had a lumpectomy and endured Chemo & radiation. She is now cancer-free, but has been through a really tough time.

Everyone remember to do your self breast exams!

What a great organization!

I lost two very good, young friends to breast cancer. It's a horrible, awful, rotten disease.

It's great that your FI's cousin and her organization are giving people hope.

That is awesome her is doing this. I have many breast cancer survivor family members and know many people. So its nice to know there are people out there that have the motivation to do something about it.

Yeah, I was really proud of her for standing up and doing something about it. I hope she does really well. Things are definitely off to a positive start. I will pass along the words of encouragement!

My FSIL has stage 4 breast cancer, she's had it for 4 years now and is fighting every day and winning to a large extent. That site will help many I think - thanks for sharing x

I am really sorry about her cancer but i really admire her courage and positive attitude - to turn around in a crisis and think "how can i help other people?" that is good character