Photo

Destination Wedding - Home Reception

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ITPrincess

ITPrincess
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 08:34 AM

For those of you that are doing a destination wedding and a reception back at "home" how are you wording your reception invites?

FH and I are doing a small (i.e. immediate family and two best friends each) destination wedding with a big reception after we get back from our honeymoon. It's invite time and I'm kinda stuck on how to word the reception invite so that people understand that A. we already got married, so it's not a wedding invite and B. its our wedding reception.

another thought also popped into my head, because we have a lot of out of town guests for the reception, we want to give them enough time to plan for travelling for the reception. Is there a good way to word the reception invite so that it's understood that we WILL be married by the time of the reception but we're not married yet?

(some of the invites I've seen that are along the vein of what we're doing state "we've eloped, come to our party", at the time the invites will be sent out we wont' have eloped yet)
    Soon to be Mrs. P

#2 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,504 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 08:42 AM

If you do a search for invitation wording or AHR (At home reception) you'll find tons of info on this.

My invites say we will be married, date, Jamaica
      Please join us in celebration upon our return, date, time, location...

We will have RSVP postcards and a card to direct people to our website to view photos, accommodations, etc.

#3 ITPrincess

ITPrincess
      • 4 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 08:57 PM

that is SUPER helpful! thanks!
        Soon to be Mrs. P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users