Photo

American Airlines Scheduled Flights?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 danidst

danidst
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 03:40 PM

Is anyone affected by the American Airlines debacle? I know I have a group flight of about 32 flying out of JFK New York in May for my wedding, and some people are nervous...Has anyone had any issues or got any news on what they are doing for flights to Montego Bay?

#2 lambert13

lambert13
    • 901 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 03:50 PM

It's mainly flights involving the MD80 planes that AA uses for a lot of domestic flights. Those planes are relatively small and used for domestic flights and connecting flights. Not for international flights.

Even if the flights out of NYC connected somewhere to get to Jamaica, they would not be using the MD-80 planes.

As far as I know, AA is back on schedule now anyway so any mishaps when you travel in May will not be related to this recent problem.

Are you flying on American Airlines?

#3 jamisoncollette

jamisoncollette
      • 1,257 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 03:51 PM

The issues should be sorted out by May. It is a wiring thing that is affecting the landing gear. My guests are flying in June on AA to PR. If there is still an issue, they are not offering compensation but are trying to reroute on other AA flights.

#4 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 5,752 posts
        • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 14 April 2008 - 04:24 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by lambert13
        It's mainly flights involving the MD80 planes that AA uses for a lot of domestic flights. Those planes are relatively small and used for domestic flights and connecting flights. Not for international flights.

Even if the flights out of NYC connected somewhere to get to Jamaica, they would not be using the MD-80 planes.
        right on, jason beat me to it. this is 100% correct.

#5 danidst

danidst
        • 7 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 01:42 PM

Thanks Everyone! Makes me feel much better!

#6 Copita

Copita
          • 979 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 08:31 AM

I am really worried. I didn't purchase traveler's insurance for the first time ever, like a ding dong!, and especially on my wedding--and now i'm really worried. Our wedding is July and we're flying American. I jsut pray everything goes smoothly and no flights are cancelled then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users