Sign in to follow this  
danidst

American Airlines Scheduled Flights?

Is anyone affected by the American Airlines debacle? I know I have a group flight of about 32 flying out of JFK New York in May for my wedding, and some people are nervous...Has anyone had any issues or got any news on what they are doing for flights to Montego Bay?

It's mainly flights involving the MD80 planes that AA uses for a lot of domestic flights. Those planes are relatively small and used for domestic flights and connecting flights. Not for international flights.

Even if the flights out of NYC connected somewhere to get to Jamaica, they would not be using the MD-80 planes.

As far as I know, AA is back on schedule now anyway so any mishaps when you travel in May will not be related to this recent problem.

Are you flying on American Airlines?

The issues should be sorted out by May. It is a wiring thing that is affecting the landing gear. My guests are flying in June on AA to PR. If there is still an issue, they are not offering compensation but are trying to reroute on other AA flights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambert13 View Post
It's mainly flights involving the MD80 planes that AA uses for a lot of domestic flights. Those planes are relatively small and used for domestic flights and connecting flights. Not for international flights.

Even if the flights out of NYC connected somewhere to get to Jamaica, they would not be using the MD-80 planes.
right on, jason beat me to it. this is 100% correct.

I am really worried. I didn't purchase traveler's insurance for the first time ever, like a ding dong!, and especially on my wedding--and now i'm really worried. Our wedding is July and we're flying American. I jsut pray everything goes smoothly and no flights are cancelled then.