• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
  • 802 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 02:10 PM

Can anyone recommend a good exercise to give your waist this curvy look
    --> )(

I've read about side planks.........does it work?

TIA!

#2 lucy106

lucy106
    • 2,880 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 02:13 PM

How about side bends, where you hold a dumb bell in your arms and and bend side to side.Weighted Dumbbell Side Bends

#3 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,047 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
      • LocationToronto

Posted 14 April 2008 - 05:52 PM

the side plank is really good. I do this one alot and it works for me. Just hold it as long as possible, you'll feel a crazy burn. Also sit on an exercise ball with a medicine ball in between your hands. Twist from your waist, while keeping your hips firmly planted. Twist from side to side. Bring the medicine ball to the right and then left. Just do the rotation as many times as you can while concentrating on only moving the upper body. The dumbell from side to side to side like Lucy suggested is also really good. You can increase the weight as you get stronger. I would do a set of all three of these.

#4 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 5,752 posts
      • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 14 April 2008 - 05:58 PM

the two things mentioned by lucy and ana, my personal trainer makes me do. i hate him for it, but... it does really work.

#5 Amy&Andy

Amy&Andy
      • VIP Member
      • 3,405 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 06:06 PM

I do the ones on the ball like Ana mentioned; I also do a lot of bicycle ones and hold the position on the twist part. Those have worked the best....but I'm pretty straight up and down....have no defined waste....so really I'm not one to take advice from!

#6 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
        • VIP Member
        • 11,403 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 07:11 PM

I've found pilates to work wonders for the entire mid section area.

#7 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
          • 802 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 07:29 PM

i have less than a month left......how long would it take for me to start seeing a difference? I've already been wearing a waist cincher for about 2 months, but I need my waist to be more defined. I'll try the plank......heading off to the gym. thanks for all of your input ladies!

#8 alex

alex
            • 1,139 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 07:32 PM

On top of the suggestions already made, I'm a huge fan of what I like to call "the flipped over turtle"! lol Basically you're laying down in position to do sit ups with your knees bent and your arms out at your sides. Instead of doing a full situp, you only life yourself slightly off the ground & then reach your hand down to touch the shoe (or leg if you can't reach the shoe) of that same side. I alternate side to side for a count of 20 (so 10 each side) & then take a breather. It's honestly one of the only exercises where I can actually "feel the burn" in my obliques. But a warning, even if you don't feel it right away, you will feel it the next day!

#9 BillysBride

BillysBride
              • 1,255 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 09:47 AM

I am SOOO on it. Thanks for starting this thread...been thinking about finding some exercises for this, and now I have 'em. Thanks ladies!
                Savannah

http://i17.photobuck....inecollage.jpgThe Fab Four (my quads) Meryn, Kellen, Nico & Layla
                http://global.thekno...rs/tt265ad.aspxhttp://www.mywedding...nnah/index.html20 STD's w. pre-lim RSVP sent 6/15/09: 7 "Yes" so far/10 guests total!

#10 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
                • 802 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 01:10 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by xandrafaye
                  On top of the suggestions already made, I'm a huge fan of what I like to call "the flipped over turtle"! lol Basically you're laying down in position to do sit ups with your knees bent and your arms out at your sides. Instead of doing a full situp, you only life yourself slightly off the ground & then reach your hand down to touch the shoe (or leg if you can't reach the shoe) of that same side. I alternate side to side for a count of 20 (so 10 each side) & then take a breather. It's honestly one of the only exercises where I can actually "feel the burn" in my obliques. But a warning, even if you don't feel it right away, you will feel it the next day!

I actually tried this today and I loved it! I think using this technique and the side plank should definitely give me some results! Thanks for posting this!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users