Chilaquiles With Tomatillo (green) Sauce

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 PaulaV

• VIP Member
  • 2,813 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 10:28 PM

My goodness, now my stomach is growling and it's 10:30pm! Thanks for that Tammy & Mora...

I throw the tomatillos with some onion, cilantro, salt, serrano chiles into a pot until they boil. Then they go into the blender. After making a puree, put a little bit of oil into a frying pan, dump the puree in there with a little chicken boullion powder. Sometimes the tomatillos make it too watery, so adding this last process is to thicken it up a bit. If the tomatillos are too tart, add a pinch or two of sugar.

Awwww maaaaan, I am craving chilaquiles now!

#22 edna

• Site Supporter
    • 1,360 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 10:23 AM

It's time for breakfast and there are no chilaquiles around!!! I am so hungry, I will have to eat my healthy bar and yogurt jajaja

#23 RiuORBride2B

• 49 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 09:08 PM

MMMMMM, this sounds so yummy. I have never had it before, but it sounds so good I can't stop thinking about it. I will definitely have to make this one. I even went to buy a mexican cookbook, but couldn't find one with this recipe. Good post.

#24 Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 6,996 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 09:18 PM

I'm so glad to see this thread revived! I ate chilaquiles every morning in Cabo & I miss them. I've GOT to try this recipe!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users