• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
  • 1,798 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 10:45 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by xandrafaye
    Bells are bad news in my opinion! Actual experience: had a bit to drink, shook the bell a little too roughly & launched it across the room where it eventually landed smack on some older woman's head.... not the best thing! lol
    That is great! Like a version of girls gone wild!

We are going the singing thing and I know it's going to be fun.

#12 foxytv

foxytv
    • VIP Member
    • 7,740 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 06:52 AM

Mini tambourines at each place setting with little tags that say " if you wanna see us kiss, shake this!".

That's what we wanted to do, but ran out of time to get the tambourines.

I found some on eBay that would have been perfect -- like 48 for $30.

I have some last minute shopping to do while on the road for work today, so if I come across any tambourines, I'm still going to get them.

I adore the idea and we cam e up with it ourselves while at a friends house. he is like 65 and breaks out his tambo every time we come over b/c we start drinking and listening to music and it's ssoo much fun.

#13 Ashlyn

Ashlyn
      • 18 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 07:50 AM

HAHA I like the bell-throwing story. I think it would be fun to have an instrument from the place you're going to get married, like the maracas if it's native to the place. But it would depend on the instrument, flute or something might not go over so well...

#14 MrsV-to-be

MrsV-to-be
        • 554 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 12:54 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by foxytv
          Mini tambourines at each place setting with little tags that say " if you wanna see us kiss, shake this!".

That's what we wanted to do, but ran out of time to get the tambourines.

I found some on eBay that would have been perfect -- like 48 for $30.

I have some last minute shopping to do while on the road for work today, so if I come across any tambourines, I'm still going to get them.

I adore the idea and we cam e up with it ourselves while at a friends house. he is like 65 and breaks out his tambo every time we come over b/c we start drinking and listening to music and it's ssoo much fun.
          That is super cute!! I hope you find some today :) I think I'm in the same boat now - it is too late to order anything

#15 Ryan's girl

Ryan's girl
          • 256 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 06:30 PM

We were thinking of having our guests come up and take a shot of tequila! I think it could result in an interesting evening!
            Our ELIZABETH MEDINA slideshow
            http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t42700
            My Iberostar Lindo reviewhttp://bestdestinati...om/forum/t42812

#16 Cattie

Cattie
            • 594 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 04:02 PM

I'm having bells are the place card holders for our AHR. The whole glass clicking DRIVES ME NUTS!!! I have never saw that poem before! I'm gonna have to add it to them!! Wooo more ideas, I <3 you girls!

#17 angela1184

angela1184
              • 104 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 04:59 PM

at my cousins wedding she had the names of animals (cow, pig, sheep, monkey etc) under each plate and if you wanted them to kiss you had to make the animal sound. (her husband is a zoologist)

it was actually quite funny and the drunker people got....im sure you guessed it, the more guests stood up to make the animal noises.

#18 Rob&Sue

Rob&Sue
                • 64 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 08:59 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by alex
                  Bells are bad news in my opinion! Actual experience: had a bit to drink, shook the bell a little too roughly & launched it across the room where it eventually landed smack on some older woman's head.... not the best thing! lol
                  LOL - i'm sorry, but that's funny! I can picture it in my head... actually sounds like something me or one of my friends would do.
                  Rob & Susannah 36 people booked!!http://tickers.Ticke....7881/event.png

#19 Simistar

Simistar
                  • 645 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:49 AM

I think I posted what we're doing in another "alternatives to glass clinking" thread, but maybe I'm losing my mind (VERY possible)...and I'll post here to:-)

We (well, okay, I) made up little tent cards with a poem on them basically saying if anyone wants us to kiss, they have to answer a Three's Company trivia question :-)

It goes back to the first night my FI and I met...he tested my Three's Company knowledge:-)

If they get it right, we kiss. If they don't...not sure...maybe we'll make them do a shot of tequiila!

#20 Corvette79

Corvette79
                    • 200 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 04:01 AM

i love this thread, i was thinking of doing the maracas too but the singing a song with the word LOVE in it sounds great too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users