Photo

Alternatives to Glass Clinking???

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 MrsV-to-be

MrsV-to-be
  • 554 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:49 PM

Okay, I'm not a big fan of glass clinking at weddings - so I love it when the B&G have an alternative for you. The alternative I always wanted to do is: if you want the B&G to kiss - you have to show them how it is done. That is I wanted that until I went to a wedding, where 2 crazy girls got up & kissed and made the Bride & her BM kiss...haha it was funny - but no way I'm I doing that (especially not in front of the family!!)

So what other alternatives have people heard about/done/liked?

#2 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,504 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 08:17 PM

My cousin had little bells at each place setting that you rang. There was a little poem...I'll see if I can find it.

#3 monicabrandon2008

monicabrandon2008
      • 794 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 08:21 PM

Someone on here got maracas and the guests shook the maracas when they wanted the groom & bride to kiss. I think it's a cute idea! Oriental Trading has cheap but cute maracas and Target has some in the dollar section right now.
        HIGH FIVE, WE'RE MARRIED!!!
        http://i51.photobuck...vtburks/1-4.jpg

#4 *JillD*

*JillD*
        • 5,112 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 08:45 PM

we went to a wedding where you had to sing a song, I think it had to include the word "love" in it, so you'd see a whole table of people stand up and start belting out a song, it was actually pretty funny to see. I can't remember what our table sang.

#5 JennyK

JennyK
          • 3,502 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 08:46 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by TA Jill
            we went to a wedding where you had to sing a song, I think it had to include the word "love" in it, so you'd see a whole table of people stand up and start belting out a song, it was actually pretty funny to see. I can't remember what our table sang.
            thats such a cute idea!!

The only thing I thought of was the bells..

#6 MrsV-to-be

MrsV-to-be
            • 554 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 08:48 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by TA Jill

ooh that is cute!! I like that one!

#7 ~Kate~

~Kate~
              • 329 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:18 PM

We're having our table names be the names of important places/moments in our life together, and to get us to kiss, someone from the table has to come up and tell the story behind the table name...

#8 ~Kate~

~Kate~
                • 329 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:20 PM

Oh, and we were at a wedding last summer where the DJ would randomly go around to tables during dinner and play a snippet of a song that was a TV show theme....if the table guessed what TV show it was from, the couple kissed - if they didn't get it right, two people at the table had to kiss.

#9 Kat81

Kat81
                  • VIP Member
                  • 7,615 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:24 PM

Here are the bells with the poem. I think this is a cute idea BUT remember the easier it is for them to get you to kiss the more annoying it will become lol. Make it hard for them like they have to sing at least three lines to a song or something
                    Custom imprinted Wedding Bells from Cowbell.com

#10 alex

alex
                    • 1,139 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:33 PM

Bells are bad news in my opinion! Actual experience: had a bit to drink, shook the bell a little too roughly & launched it across the room where it eventually landed smack on some older woman's head.... not the best thing! lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users