31 replies to this topic

#11 RAENJAY

RAENJAY
  • 550 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 23, 2007
  • Wedding Location:RIU Cabo
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 21 January 2007 - 09:32 AM

My cousin got me Noelle's Pilates 3 dvd set for Christmas.. I have never done pilates before, and I seem to like them. There is a 10 minute, 17 minute, and 30 minute dvd. Right now I'm alternating between the 10 and 17 minute ones. I have heard that Windsor is the best though.

Noelle's Powerhouse Pilates Method - Pilates Video & DVD Reviews

I really like the 10 minute one because I can do it in the morning before work while the dog is outside doing his business.
Stephanie & Jason ~ RIU Palace ~ Cabo San Lucas
June 23, 2007
Visit our wedding slideshow Stephanie & Jason
Photography by Jose "Pepe" Lima

#12 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 24,768 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 05:25 PM

Ok, I sucked it up and bought the Targeted Training package ... Winsor Pilates Special Offers to New Customers

I'll let you all know how it works (or doesn't!).

#13 aimee

aimee
    • 1,662 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 06:42 PM

Hi Ann.
      How's the pilates coming along? I really want to get into the whole pilates/yoga thing also but I don't even know where to start. Maybe I'll try buying a video too.

#14 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
      • VIP Member
      • 11,403 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 06:48 PM

I wanted to share that I signed up for both a Pilates & a Yoga class through the local community college. I had my first Pilates class on Thurs & yoga Sat morning. I absolutely loved both! I have not done a group excercise class in a few years, and now I remember why I love it - it's so motivating to be doing the same activity with a bunch of people. I highly recommend this for those of you interested in an intro to either Pilates or Yoga. I've done both at home with DVDs, but it was time for a change for me.

#15 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 06:49 PM

i haven't got my windsor tapes yet - so i haven't started. but i used to take pilates classes, and yoga, at the gym i belonged to. i loved it! i felt like i had a really strong core - hopefully i get the same feeling from the tapes.

#16 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
          • VIP Member
          • 11,403 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 06:52 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by akh
            i haven't got my windsor tapes yet - so i haven't started. but i used to take pilates classes, and yoga, at the gym i belonged to. i loved it! i felt like i had a really strong core - hopefully i get the same feeling from the tapes.
            Ann - you will totally get that feeling back with Windsor, I promise! Even if you just do the 20 minute dvd 3 times a week, you should see results quickly. I don't know why I ever stopped doing that....

#17 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 24,768 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 07:19 PM

good to hear! i need to mix it in with my cindy video - it's already getting a little repeatitive. i clearly have a short attention span.

#18 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
              • VIP Member
              • 11,403 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 07:31 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by akh
                good to hear! i need to mix it in with my cindy video - it's already getting a little repeatitive. i clearly have a short attention span.
                Says you to the woman with 3 internet explorer windows open!! Wholy ADD! I like to call it multi-tasking :)

#19 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 24,768 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 07:45 PM

ditto! i am the same way - i like routines, but varied routines!

#20 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                  • 26,161 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 08:02 AM

I'm all late on this one, but good move on ordering the windsor pilates.

I HATE to excercise, but I rather enjoy the 20 minute workout. I can even do it 5 days a week without dreading it.

And let me tell you, you will see results FAST!!! I mean like one week fast. After five 20-minute sessions I felt and looked stronger & leaner. I don't think anything changes the shape of your body quite like pilates.

Stick with it, I'm trying to!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users