Bars at Dreams in Cabo - Question

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 michelle08

michelle08
  • VIP Member
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 02:25 PM

I am trying to put together a welcome letter for the oot bags and I'm doing a schedule of events.

We are not doing a welcome dinner and instead everyone will eat dinner on their own and then I want to schedule a "cocktails w/ the bride and groom" around 8:30 that night...I just don't know what bar to have everyone meet at?

I have not been dreams and I don't know which one would be best?? Please help!!!

#2 JessicaM

JessicaM
    • Vendor
    • 1,969 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 02:30 PM

This is exactly what I am doing instead of doing a welcome dinner....we are doing it at the bar in the lobby. They are open the latest and usually have music, the fire pit lit! Rendezvous is the name of it!

#3 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
      • 4,979 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 02:40 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by chprfan
        This is exactly what I am doing instead of doing a welcome dinner....we are doing it at the bar in the lobby. They are open the latest and usually have music, the fire pit lit! Rendezvous is the name of it!
        That's where I was going to suggest to have it. Plus, when I was there the Barracuda Bar closed fairly early (around 8ish). It's a really nice place to have it. As an added bonus, they have some great live music.
        Happily Married since May 9, 2008
        Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#4 michelle08

michelle08
        • VIP Member
        • 2,702 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 02:43 PM

Thanks gals!!! I will meet there then...I figure we can play it by ear and if they want to just stay there w/ the live music then that's cool and if they all want to head downtown then that's cool too...(can't stay out too late though since the next day is wedding day! :)

What time does the lobby bar close?? early too?

#5 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
          • 4,979 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 02:50 PM

No, I don't think it closes too early. Aaron and I went to enjoy the live music one night and probably hung around until about 11:30 and they were still playing.

#6 michelle08

michelle08
            • VIP Member
            • 2,702 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 04:03 PM

Oh okay...good to know! Thanks! I just want to make sure one bar stays open late...

#7 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
              • 11,659 posts
              • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 13 April 2008 - 04:44 PM

i agree with jessica and courtney...the bar in the lobby is the best place...

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
              Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
              Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
              Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
              sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
              Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#8 mrsmark08

mrsmark08
              • 136 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 02:40 AM

good to know! also welcome cocktails sound like a great idea. it would be a great way for us to spend some time with guests that arrive a few days before the wedding.

#9 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
                • 1,326 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 01:01 PM

Hi,

I like the idea of having cocktails too. Who helps set this up? Is there a fee for this and if I have children as part of my wedding group can they sit in the bar area too?

#10 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
                  • 4,979 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 11:39 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
                    Hi,

I like the idea of having cocktails too. Who helps set this up? Is there a fee for this and if I have children as part of my wedding group can they sit in the bar area too?
                    The only way you can set something up is if you pay a fee, which I believe is at $25pp, it's a set-up fee. Although, I think Michelle was more just talking about meeting her guests there and hanging out. Since the Rendezvous Bar is in the lobby, it's not very private at all - so I don't think this is a good place to set up a set event, if it's even allowed at this particular location. It's for this same reason that yes, children can chill out with you guys while the adults share a drink.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users