17 replies to this topic

#11 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 9,504 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:11 PM

I tried 3 Targets today and no luck.

However, I did go to Sam's and they had a 3 pack of Kodak 27 exposure, with flash, 800 speed film for $9, making them $3 each. I went ahead and got them!

#12 Leslie-Xcaret09

Leslie-Xcaret09
    • 939 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:14 PM

I went to Target today and got some cameras! Thanks again for telling us about these :)!!

#13 Yari

Yari
      • VIP Member
      • 10,928 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 12:01 AM

I am bummed I went to two Targets and no cameras.

#14 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
        • 2,302 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 09:46 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Yari
          I am bummed I went to two Targets and no cameras.
          Yari, how many do you need? I may have a few extras. I am going to head to my Target during lunch and try and pick up a few more. I also have a co-worker that works part-time at Target and she is going to check at her store tomorrow :~) Let me know.
          2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#15 jamaicanbride

jamaicanbride
          • 7 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 11:57 AM

Thanks for sharing I am definitely going to head there right after work!!!

#16 Yari

Yari
            • VIP Member
            • 10,928 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 12:35 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by twinkletoes
              Yari, how many do you need? I may have a few extras. I am going to head to my Target during lunch and try and pick up a few more. I also have a co-worker that works part-time at Target and she is going to check at her store tomorrow :~) Let me know.
              I need 60...thank you so much!

#17 SunBride

SunBride
              • 1,499 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 01:11 PM

Don't want to burst your bubble, but just want to warn you (as you probably already know) that these cameras often take bad quality pictures.

I just got the pictures developed from my underwater camera, and they are awful! a total waste of the 4$ it cost for the developping (not to mention the cost of the camera). So remember that even though the camera is only 1$, you have to pay for developing too, which may add up.

Also make sure to put them in your carry-on! The x-rays for the checked luggage ruins the film. I think this might actually be what happened with my underwater camera. It was in checked luggage on the way there and carry-on on the way back. I thougt the x-rays weren't a problem anymore, but when I googled it afterwards I learned that they are (in fact even worse since new post- 9/11 security) I had 400 film - I had heard that it was only bad if you have 800, but no, when I googled it, I read all speeds.

So at the very least, make sure you put them in carry-on and maybe it will all be okay!

#18 quackquack

quackquack
                • 152 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 01:16 PM

What a great deal! I am going to check Target today. If any one has extra, please let me know

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users