• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#21 anaderoux

anaderoux
  • 3,220 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 01:56 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Soon to be Mrs. Hull
    By the way, I picked up my dress today and I totally forgot my camera, so I have to wait till FI leaves and I will figure out how to take some pics of it for you all
    not fair christine!!! kick him out of the room hahahahaha

#22 Christine

Christine
    • VIP Member
    • 21,514 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
    • Wedding Location:Napa, California
    • LocationReno, NV

Posted 20 January 2007 - 02:01 AM

I will try tomorrow, I think I have a timer on my camera so I will have to play with it.
    Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#23 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 6,996 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 06:36 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by jilly76
      okay this is a dumb question, but what are spanx?? I know I've heard girls mention them before, but was never sure. is it like suction pants or something?
      Spanx are super tight, suck-it-all in control top pantyhose. Comes in a variety of lengths from thigh to full pantyhose.

#24 Janet

Janet
      • VIP Member
      • 7,459 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 12:29 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by AQHARIDER
        Spanx are super tight, suck-it-all in control top pantyhose. Comes in a variety of lengths from thigh to full pantyhose.
        You can also get Spanx that are like pantyhose with no legs/feet. It sucks you in in the thighs, butt, and tummy. And don't be alarmed when the pair you buy is like 1/4 the size of your actual butt!

#25 *JillD*

*JillD*
        • 5,112 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 12:29 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by AQHARIDER
          Okay, thanks sarah! Thats kind of what I thought, but thought maybe I should check. I'm sure I'll be wearing those too! I just don't want to be sweating my butt off!!

#26 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
          • VIP Member
          • 11,403 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 01:17 AM

OK, so I just ordered a pair of Spanx online - I got the "Slim Cognito Mid thigh shaper." I really got these for my rehearsal dinner dress that is body skimming. My ghetto bootie is just making the dress fit a bit too tight in that area, so I'm going to give these a try. My wedding dress will not require lower body control - thank goodness! However, I am getting a bit worried about my upper body situation. I'm a full C, small D - and I am planning on sewn in cups. I hope that is enough support & lift!

#27 *JillD*

*JillD*
            • 5,112 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 01:28 AM

I really want to try to not have to wear anything lower body, its going to be so damn hot!! The less stuff under the dress the better!

Christa, I think if I remember correctly your dress is strapless right?? I think, I could be wrong because I'm only a "B" cup, but as long as you get the dress fitted well to your body, you'll be okay with just the cups. I don't think the bra will have that much more support and the dress being fitted properly should hold you in.

#28 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
              • VIP Member
              • 11,403 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 01:36 AM

You are right Jill - my dress is strapless. You are probably right about it holding it all in & up...it's been so long since I got the damn thing!! I do remember when I would try it on I really felt like the dress kind of held it's own on my body - thanks for reminding me

#29 -Kate-

-Kate-
                • VIP Member
                • 7,676 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 02:30 AM

I have a Spanx skirt I wear all the time. If the booty/thigh shaper is anything like the skirt you will look amazing. It sucks everything in but is super comfortable and easy to move in.

#30 leigh miller

leigh miller
                  • 936 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 03:50 AM

i had a strapless dress. it fit so well i didnt need a bra. or one sew in. the seamstress knew just what she was doing :) im a C. i got the spanx but just tossed them on the wedding day. had no desire to feel like a sausage all day. wore cute lace hipster panties. hubby was probably glad of that!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users