• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 24,768 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 01:25 PM

you're way further ahead than i am. i haven't thought of any details like cake, music, hair, accessories, etc. - don't you worry your little type-A head a bit! heehee

#42 TammyB

TammyB
    • 10,630 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 01:28 PM

LOL,, I just figured since we are so much alike that you would be further along. :-) If it makes you feel better I still haven't narrowed down the cake.

#43 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 01:31 PM

i just sent Nicole a list of things i like for the cake (pictures), and asked her a bunch of questions about music options. i work best under pressure, so i'll probably just save it all for the last minute!

#44 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 6,996 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 01:37 PM

Yeah, Tammy you're waaaaaayyy ahead of me. I'm kinda doing everything at the last minute. Which is probably just as well, since I just had ANOTHER room of mine cancel. I swear that if one more person cancels I won't be getting married, I'll be in jail because I will KILL them!

#45 TammyB

TammyB
          • 10,630 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 01:46 PM

LOL, Yeah our guests still can't make up their freakin mind if they are going or not. I feel the same way.. Course I'm a month further out then you, so I would probably be kicking some butt if I were you.. :-)

#46 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 24,768 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 05:56 PM

I ordered this one ...
              Click the image to open in full size.

.. and I got it this week, and love it - I think it will be perfect. I got it off of eBay for $21.40 plus shipping (~$12) so not too bad I don't think. I needed to carry something, mainly just to throw my insulin and blood sugar monitor in - so why not get something bridal like! And I held it by the swatch sample of my dress that Belle Vie gave me, and it matches - woohoo!

#47 TammyB

TammyB
              • 10,630 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 06:25 PM

Ann I love it, and from what I have learned from you, I think it's perfect for your style... Your dress should be coming in, in a couple weeks, right?

#48 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 24,768 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 10:21 PM

yes!!! i think april 14 is the day. but I will be in MN!! i may have to have them ship it to MN so i can have it altered up there. i am so excited! i get jealous of all the girls that can try their dresses on whenever they want!

#49 Curls

Curls
                  • 14 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 11:35 AM

AKH, this is the 3rd time Ive thanked you for the donation. Last time. Anyway, I have diabetes too and was so excited to find this thread. I, like you, have to have my monitor, my insulin and some glucose tablets. Do you like the purse you got on ebay? After all of your supplies is there extra room? What kind of regiman do you follow. I got on the pump 4 months ago and I LOVE it but cannot decide what to do for the wedding/honeymoon. I could take a vacation from the pump I would rather not but I think that managing it while swimming etc. could be problematic. If I decide to use syringes I would need to find something to maintain my insulins temperature on the beach. I remember hearing about a great tool for this but can't quite remember now.

#50 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 24,768 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 12:17 PM

i don't have the pump, so i don't have that to carry or worry about. i just use syringes for the lantus and the pen for the Humalog. i was only planning on carrying my Humalog, but given that I am trying to be better about testing my b.s., I should probably carry my meter as well. I have a One Touch Ultra, so it's pretty small. I should be able to carry everything in there - no problem, and I am happy with the purse I got from eBay.

I bought this cold pack thing meant to keep syringes cool a while back. I don't use it much, but you brought up a good point, I will have to dig it up. Basically you soak this case in cold water, and it stays cool for a while. You put it in another pack - and then the insulin in there. that might be a tight squeeze, but it will probably fit. it's about the size of a large eyeglass case I bet. let me know if you wnat me to find more info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users