• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 24,768 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 01:57 PM

So I've resumed my search for a smallish clutch for the wedding day. Well, I've been keeping my eyes open, but I also set up a search on eBay. Here are a couple I am "watching" - what do you think? I know the colors look off - but I am assuming/hoping it's just the pictures!

Click the image to open in full size.

The reason I picked #1 is cuz it seemed to match my dress a little w/the lace overlay:

#22 Adamsgrrl

Adamsgrrl
    • 466 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 02:08 PM

Ann --

I really like the first one, assuming it really isn't green. The top almost looks like the one from macy's but minus the lace - La Regala Satin Clucth.

Macy*s - Women's - Shoes & Accessories - Handbags - Evening Bags

I would go to the DT Macy's they usually have alot to choose from, from simple clucths to cute jeweled clucthes in the shape of things like ladybugs, animals, etc..... I'm assuming they still carry them after the Marshal Fields merger. The're on the bottom floor.

Good Luck!

#23 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 02:13 PM

Here are the links on eBay to see the descriptions. They both say ivory! Though the beaded one says a "peachy" color - which I don't want.

eBay: VINTAGE IVORY SATIN LACE BRIDAL EVENING BAG HANDBAGS (item 250091434150 end time Mar-13-07 02:23:05 PDT)

eBay: BEADED VINTAGE PURSE, CLUTCH, SWIRLS OF PEACH PEARLS (item 170088346064 end time Mar-12-07 21:52:19 PDT)

#24 Adamsgrrl

Adamsgrrl
        • 466 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 02:17 PM

I still really like the first one, mainly because of the top portion, it looks so antiquey and elegant, although the funky pictures don't do it justice.

#25 Christine

Christine
          • VIP Member
          • 21,514 posts
          • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
          • Wedding Location:Napa, California
          • LocationReno, NV

Posted 08 March 2007 - 02:45 PM

I love the first one and even if its a little green it will be okay since you have green as a wedding color and it would be nice to add a little bit of color into the day...more festive
          Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#26 -Kate-

-Kate-
          • VIP Member
          • 7,676 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 11:17 PM

i vote for one. I think lace looks nicer than beads most of the time - it just has an antique/romantic feel. Plus I think lace looks better with your dress.

#27 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 24,768 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 04:09 PM

ok - what about these 2? i decided i didn't like the other one (w/the beads). they are both on ebay and the 2nd one ends in about 8 hours! maybe i should get both and just sell waht i decide i don't want.

the lace one:

or the satin one:

#28 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 3,754 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 04:15 PM

ohh I love the lace! But doesn't your dress have lace? If so I think you should go with the satin.

#29 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 24,768 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 04:25 PM

it does - it has a lace overlay, kind of like the purse. would that be too much lace?

#30 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 3,754 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 04:29 PM

I think it may be much... BUT.. I doubt you'll be carrying your purse around so I don't think it matters too much..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users