Need Advice on Necklace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamisoncollette View Post
I also think it is pretty but not $65 pretty. A, a custom jeweler can give you a better price and B, I am allergic to nickel so gold filled anything causes a breakout. Do your girls have any sensitivities? Do you have time to continue looking? what about ebay?
My shower is May 3rd, so I suppose I have time to finalize my choices, I just need enough time to have it delivered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC_Rachel View Post
Click the image to open in full size.
I'm gonna vote on the one's Lauren listed.

I LOVE THIS ONE!!
I love that one too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilpaisley View Post
I own a jewelry shop and I agree that $65 is too much for that necklace if it's GF. It doesn't say how big the pearl is...but it a cultured one and should make that much difference.
You could easily make something yourself for allot cheaper. If you want guidance on design, contruction, or where to get supplies...just let me know. A necklace just like that would take 10 min max.
I may take you up on your offer, who knew it would be easy! To me everything with jewlery seems difficult...thats awesome you own your own jewlery store!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE: I ordered the necklace below and just got them today! They are beautiful in person, the pearls are very large and have a great shine to them!Thank you Lauren for finding this jeweler she was super fast on her delivery, I ordered them on Saturday and her quality is great!

Click the image to open in full size.

I LOVE Etsy.....I've gotten so many things for my wedding on and there and I've given numerous things as gifts as well. While I do agree that the price is high, if it's something that you like and you need two the seller might give you a discount for ordering more than one. Try Convoing the seller.....first are you an Etsy memeber, that would help. I have been given a few discounts from sellers because I purchased more than one of the same item. Also since you are looking for something specific you might want to try and use Alchemy, which is a feature on Etsy where you can post what you are looking to have made an how much you'd like to pay and the vendors bid for your business. I've also used this feature and it works out nicely.

I love using Etsy but keep in mind that these are handmade items and for the most part one of a kind and NOT mass produced so you are paying for someone's time spent creating and making this item, not just the materials. While that does seem like a high price the quality will be great I'm sure as well as the satisfaction knowing that you money spent went to an individual for there time and not some major corporation. Being in the "creative" industry myself I get iffy when people start questioning someone's time spent and where it is worth what they are charging...

Just a little food for thought I know it really had nothing to do with the thread it just struck me funny.......SO SORRY FOR THE RANT!!!!!!

AHHHH! I see that you made a purchase! I'm glad that it worked out for you....

What if when you are down at your destination, you hit up a local vendor and hunt for a good deal there?

That's what I'm doing. I'm buying necklaces here, just custom type ones for them to put in their OOT bags as a special gift, then giving them the ones from Mexico as their "thank you" gift.

~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise40 View Post
Does she do custom work or can you only choose from what she has? Does anyone know how the extenders work? I tried using one today and it made the necklace lopsided, if that makes sense.

That is a beautiful necklace. They will love it.

Im not sure if she does custom work, it may be worth asking though...if you search on esty there are tons of jewelrs that im sure do custom. I do not know how an extender works...sorry.