What would be your miracle?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 dragonfly

• 1,820 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 03:51 AM

My sister runs a bullying workshop to grade 7 and 8 kids, the final task in the workshop, after a very emotional day, is to ask the question,"if a miracle were to occur overnight, what would your miracle look like when you awake in the morning?" So I put forth this question to all of you, what answer will you give to this?

Mine of course is, I would awake and go down into my kitchen to see my oldest daughter, out of bed, bickering with her sister, making her lunch rushing to not be late for school. Of course she would be wheelchair free, pain free, and HAPPY~

#2 amandalovesryan

• 933 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 05:02 AM

that is deep, i will have to think about that!
      My favorite type of vacation, a relaxing one!

#3 Spazz

• VIP Member
      • 10,482 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 08:04 AM

Mine would be that my dad would be alive. That is something that obviously would never happen, but it's the only thing that I can think of that I don't have that I want.

#4 LadyP

• 3,156 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 08:11 AM

that I could redo my 20's and my Grandmother, Mother and Daughter would still be alive and I would be a normal rebelling person in her 20s

Grandmother 21
          mother 27
          daughter 29

#5 TammyB

• 10,630 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 08:31 AM

Awe, Kelly I'm sending you a big hug...

Mine would be to get pregnant and continue on to have a healthy child...

#6 Karen

• 1,308 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 09:37 AM

My miracle would be that my husband would be pain free and I would never have to see him wincing with tears in his eyes ever again. We wouldn't have to deal with this ever again.
              <center><embed src="http://www.widdlytin...nancyticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=Baby Lambert is on the way&b=7&c=0xCC00CC&f=5&y=2010&m=4&d=14" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle"...

#7 LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 12:40 PM

if i was really general, i'd say that my family would be happy and healthy, and that Nugget is healthy. specifically right now that my mom would get through her rough times she's going through (primarily financial)

#8 dragonfly

• 1,820 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 12:58 PM

The workshop is pretty intense I got to sit in on one, some of the answers were so sad because they were so basic. The kids asked for things that should never be a miracle like, food for breakfast, my parents to stop fighting, to feel like someone likes me, to look forward to getting out of bed, to have one friend, to have mom not have to work all the time, for dad to stop yelling at me and telling me I'm a loser, pretty sad stuff considering it is all stuff that should be a given in life.

My childrens answers were all so different, Nicole's was to be able to feel her leg, and live a normal life without so much pain. Kenda's miracle was to wake up and have her sister back the way it was, she didn't even care if that meant a wheelchair or not she just wants her sister to want to hang out again. Timothy would wake up bigger (he hates how skinny he is), Bria's would be to head to the olympics (she is 3rd in her provincial age division in gymnastics for all of Canada), Liam was to live where he could catch gekko's, hehe, oh to be 5:)

#9 MikkiStreak

• VIP Member
                  • 2,347 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 01:18 PM

Tough question... miracle implies something that you could change about the present, and I'm not sure what I would change about the present, except undo the effects of my aneurysm so that she's "all there" again, and cure Frank's moms parkinsons so that she could walk and speak (normally) again.

If I were rolling back the clock for a miracle, I'd wish Frank's dad were alive again. I would love to see the way his eyes lit up whenever Frank walked in the door, and to see that "look" between him and Franks mom-- 50 years of marriage and those two loved each other more with each passing day.

#10 MikkiStreak

• VIP Member
                    • 2,347 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by dragonfly
                      Liam was to live where he could catch gekko's, hehe, oh to be 5:)

We have gekko's here.... Can I convince you to move to Dallas? :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users