Photo

Boycott El Dorado Royale & Karisma Resorts-UPDATE policy REVISED!

• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

#191 ~Crista-Lee~

~Crista-Lee~
  • 329 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 02:26 PM

Actually another "issue" we have...

When booking this resort with our TA, she told us that they have a Donkey come to your cocktail party. We thought this was great and a lot of fun! We found out this weekend that the Azul Sensatori and Beach will no longer allow the Donkey on the premises.

I'm feeling pretty ripped off right now... being promised and sold on certain things... to have them taken away!!!

#192 daniepps

daniepps
    • 304 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 02:35 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Afrommert
      OK, so Im booked at getting married in 2months at azul sensatori, im OUTRAGED over this photography fee. I have no idea what to do now. HELP!!!!!!!!! Who do I write to? Or call? How can I get this waived. Im so upset....( Feel free to PM me..)
      Who are you using for your photography?

#193 daniepps

daniepps
      • 304 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 02:37 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by ~Crista-Lee~
        Actually another "issue" we have...

When booking this resort with our TA, she told us that they have a Donkey come to your cocktail party. We thought this was great and a lot of fun! We found out this weekend that the Azul Sensatori and Beach will no longer allow the Donkey on the premises.

I'm feeling pretty ripped off right now... being promised and sold on certain things... to have them taken away!!!
        I was going to book the Donkey Cocktail party! I'm glad I didn't do it! It seems like there are constant changes at this resort.

#194 ~Nicole~

~Nicole~
        • 4,512 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 05:09 PM

I really hope they change this no outside vendor thing for you ladies. I'm working on a letter that I'm sending to Tiffany about some of my concerns and of course some praise pertaining to my wedding. I'm definitely going to comment on this vendor situation.
          *Formerly Nikki07*
          My Planning Thread

#195 Afrommert

Afrommert
          • 369 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 06:23 PM

I am checking into the only 2 photographers available( with out a $500 penality). both photographers in my semi -professional opinion is they both use point shoot cameras and are amature, not so proffessional. Caribu or somthing like that seems to be the better of the 2, but i still am not SOLD on them. Its terrible that those are my only choices. I just dont get it.

#196 Afrommert

Afrommert
            • 369 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 06:24 PM

If they could just get their S**T together i would be happy.

#197 Afrommert

Afrommert
              • 369 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 06:27 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Tammy Host
                i thought this would be a good place to post warnings about resorts in Cancun and Riviera Maya.

Right now i am not happy with El Dorado Royale Suites and the Karisma resorts and will not send any of my wedding business there until they change their vendor policies. It is a high end resort and not a cheap place to get married and they are making it nearly impossible for brides and grooms to bring in outside vendors.

Some of the most beautiful wedding pictures i have seen taken at El Dorado were done by outside wedding photographers.

Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to get married there just to have mediocre pictures?

if you are in support of boycotting El Dorado Royale and Karisma resorts because if their outside vendor policy, post here and tell them what you think of their policy!

Tammy :) Im wondering if anyone has a direct contact person at Karisma resorts to talk to them about this outside vendo issue. ??

#198 taylorwd

taylorwd
                • 932 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 12:49 PM

I too am getting married at Azul Beach in April. Their policy is CRAZY! No other photographers allowed from Mexico other than their two approved vendors, and anyone from another country has to stay at the resort for 3 nights. Insane!

We will probably be going with Caribe since they seem to be the better of the two choices.

#199 dimplz05

dimplz05
                  • 214 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 06:06 PM

I am getting married at the El Dorado Royale in May 2010 and I was very frustrated with the outside vendor policy but I decided to bring a photographer from the states and pay for him to stay for 3 nights. I am going to do a site visit in a couple of weeks and am meeting with Valeria from Lomas Travel (wedding coordinator for Karisma). You better believe I will be discussing this with her because I want to use an outside DJ and dont want to pay the $500 vendor fee for him so I will let you ladies know what I find out.

#200 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
                    • Vendor
                    • 1,243 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 06:30 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Afrommert
                      Tammy :) Im wondering if anyone has a direct contact person at Karisma resorts to talk to them about this outside vendo issue. ??
                      Interesting to see this thread resurrected. We jumped ship back in April 08 from working with any Karisma Property.

Disclaimer. ...

Honestly, Azul was our favorite and if we only had to deal with the people at Azul, everything would have been great. Karisma represents them, therefor they must follow house rules of the franchise.

Unfortunately, this is not the case. Karsima sets the policies. Lomas Travel tries to enforce them. You are fighting an uphill battle with very little gas in your engine. Call it "David vs Goliath". However, this thread did bring about some change in their policy structure back when it first went live... I guess they actually cared that the millions of page views on BDWF seeing this sorta put a dent in the paint job.... But, you can bondo a car and paint it up nicely, but it will always have that dent. How deep does the dent go?

Perhaps you can send your vents / frustrations to Faith Wishnie, director of wedding services for Karisma:
                      I am checking into the only 2 photographers available( with out a $500 penality). both photographers in my semi -professional opinion is they both use point shoot cameras and are amature, not so proffessional. Caribu or somthing like that seems to be the better of the 2, but i still am not SOLD on them. Its terrible that those are my only choices. I just dont get it.

My buddie Paul had the best analogy here about the High and Mighty All Inclusives..

I think the resorts have a right to act this way. They're like Disneyland. I can't walk into Disneyland and start selling hot dogs. Not unless I pay Disney. And people oughta know that if they go to Disneyland they have to buy Disney food. If you get the wedding package at an All Inclusive resort you have to understand that.

I have not seen nor do I know the photographers you list and don't plan on checking up to see if they are Ametur or not.... But from your words, seems as if you may be buying a Disney Hotdog.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users