Photo

Past and present brides?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 jamericangal

jamericangal
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 09:46 PM

I am trying to decide between having a DJ or a Reggae band for the reception? What are you all doing for music? I am also looking for feedback from people that has already had their wedding and how was the DJ or Band?
    Karen

#2 AmandaR

AmandaR
    • 241 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 10:44 PM

We're not having a band or DJ for the reception. There will only be 10 guests, including us, and the dancing will be limited to our first dance, father/daughter, and mother/son. I'm burning a CD with the songs we will have played on it, and I'm counting on the WC to take it from there. I've heard that some people have used their Ipod. We're having a 1 hour private cocktail reception at SGOR, so I plan on burning other songs as well just to play in the background while we're celebrating.

When in May is your wedding? All of us may brides can officially say that we're getting married next month!

Amanda

#3 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
      • 1,572 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 11:28 PM

I'm going with the DJ. My mom really wanted the reggae band but the DJ worked out best cost-wise...

#4 Spazz

Spazz
        • VIP Member
        • 10,482 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 08:08 AM

I am going with the DJ. I think they will be able to play more music that my guests and I like and can dance to.

#5 kay726

kay726
          • 218 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 04:25 PM

I got married last May at Sandals Dunns River and used a steel drum band for the ceremony . They were really good. We had a quick reception (1/2) hour and used a CD. They only had a little boom box, but I only had about 15 people at the outside reception, so it worked out ok. Be warned, they did not have a ipod player last year, which would have really helped me , but they may have one now. But I would go either way with the dj or the reggae band because they both would probably be good.

#6 chicklet

chicklet
            • 718 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 04:44 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by jamericangal
              I am trying to decide between having a DJ or a Reggae band for the reception? What are you all doing for music? I am also looking for feedback from people that has already had their wedding and how was the DJ or Band?
              I'm not doing either..we will probably just do some dancing at the disco. All that stuff is nice but not really important to us.

#7 jamericangal

jamericangal
              • 14 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 12:29 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by kay726
                I got married last May at Sandals Dunns River and used a steel drum band for the ceremony . They were really good. We had a quick reception (1/2) hour and used a CD. They only had a little boom box, but I only had about 15 people at the outside reception, so it worked out ok. Be warned, they did not have a ipod player last year, which would have really helped me , but they may have one now. But I would go either way with the dj or the reggae band because they both would probably be good.
                I thought that the CD was only for the processional, recessional and first dance. If I can use it for the reception I will probably bring a CD wit music to use for the reception.
                Karen

#8 Copita

Copita
                • 979 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 12:42 PM

We are doing a live band and a DJ for when they are resting in between sets.

#9 kay726

kay726
                  • 218 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 05:58 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by jamericangal
                    I thought that the CD was only for the processional, recessional and first dance. If I can use it for the reception I will probably bring a CD wit music to use for the reception.
                    We definately used the cd for the reception. I had to borrow one from the wedding coordinator because I left my orginal one at home. They did not have a ipod player last year, which would have been great. But the wedding coordinators are really helpful.

#10 chicago88

chicago88
                    • 699 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 03:28 PM

I went with the DJ & loved it. They played great songs that everyone could dance to & they played requests!

Therese & Jay
                      Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica2.15.08
                      http://tickers.Ticke....1f03/event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users