Ideas for honeymoons for DR brides

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 mrsfink

• 8 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 05:53 PM

Hi everyone, what are you planning on doing after your wedding in the Dominican?

Are you going to stay on the island and move to another resort or going to another Caribbean destination?

I'm thinking of doing the latter - has anyone had any good or bad experiences taking a quick flight somewhere close for a honeymoon week? We'd have to come back to the DR to catch our flight home I think, so I'm not sure if this would be a great thing to do or just a baaad idea.

What are your honey moon plans?
    ~ November 17, 2008 | Majestic Colonial, Punta Cana, DR ~
    Read my Diary of a Destination Wedding

#2 DanielleNDerek

• VIP Member
    • 18,452 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 06:17 PM

We're just staying at our resort for 5 more days. But for our one year anniversary we are supposed to go hawaii which we are considering our honeymoon.
      ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
      Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
      Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#3 twinkletoes

• 2,302 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 06:35 PM

We are still trying to decide what to do. Stay at the resort? Move to a new resort? Go to another part of the DR? But then my resort offers a free 4 day stay on our 1yr anniversary. I dont think its in our budget to go to another country, so thats out. What to do, what to do? Maybe I'll just let my FI decide.

Too many choices!
        2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#4 shellb

• 533 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 08:08 PM

We're planning on doing a sort of honeymoon in Mexico the following year for our 1 yr anniversary when we go to my cousins wedding. We thought about staying an extra week and moving to another resort, but both of our Mom's are terrified of flying so we want to be travelling with them to and from the DR.

#5 Copita

• 979 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 01:22 PM

We initially decided to move to a different resort but then decided to just stay at ours a few days longer after everyone else has left. We plan on going to Europe a few weeks later. But I do'nt really consider that a "honeymoon."
            I like all of your ideas about doing an anniversary honeymoon a year later. :)

#6 Otis1230

• 130 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 03:32 PM

we are staying at our resort for 5 more days and next year for our 1 year- we are going to go away
              Michael & Lisa
              April 25th, 2008
              Paradisus Punta Cana

#7 foxytv

• VIP Member
              • 7,740 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 06:34 PM

We are simply moving to anohter Punta Cana resort for a week. Too expensive to try to fly elsewhere IMHO.

We are hoping to get to Dubai before the end of the year.

#8 twinkletoes

• 2,302 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 06:55 PM

Oooh Tami, Dubai sounds fun! I just saw a special about some of their skyscrapers. It looks gorgeous!
                  2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#9 LindsayG

• 95 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 02:44 PM

We are going to another island for our Honeymoon. We figured since we were already in the Caribbean, we might as well see another place!

We'll be going to Sandals Negril in Jamaica for 6 days after we leave Punta Cana.
                    Lindsay & Billy
                    July 11, 2008
                    Paradisus Punta Cana

#10 DRbride

• 108 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 02:54 PM

we are doing 7 night at Dreams, where we are getting married then moving over to the Excellence for 5 night 6 days...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users