Guest & Thier Budget

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 jajajaja

jajajaja
  • VIP Member
  • 9,794 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 05:06 PM

I just read your recent post- my FI's family didn't commit on coming until a month before the wedding. It took them awhile and we were sad the whole time they wouldn't be coming. In the end, they really surprised us. I'm sure your FI's family will suck it up in the end and go- especially if they have the money!
    Happily married since 2008

#12 baybride

baybride
    • 33 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 05:11 PM

LC Rachel, I hope you're right. I'm just going to continue with my plans and hope for the best. We are considering having a reception/one year anniversary party the following year for all those who didn't make it, so... maybe that will make up for it.

#13 jajajaja

jajajaja
      • VIP Member
      • 9,794 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 05:20 PM

March 28 was our original date and bumped it up to the 27th because it wasn't available. So we kinda have the same date. :)
        Happily married since 2008

#14 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 05:22 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by baybride
          Wow Morgan, $700/person is a great price, I wish I could pull that off for my guest I think that will be easier for me to say vs. $1500. At this point I will just have to suck it up if people don't come, of course my parents and my best friend who is also my cousin will be there but his parents
          LC Rachel, I hope you're right. I'm just going to continue with my plans and hope for the best. We are considering having a reception/one year anniversary party the following year for all those who didn't make it, so... maybe that will make up for it.

Don't plan an after party out of guilt though. Only do it if you want to. I also started planning an AHR, but I really didn't want to do it. We canceled it after my brother got engaged & planned his wedding for 2 months after mine. I was so happy to cancel it. My heat was never in it.

I finally realized that we don't owe anyone a wedding. The wedding is about us. We shouldn't have to provide people with a local, convienient wedding. We'd be happy to run off to Mexico together & get married. Everyone else is just bonus. I still am being considerate of my guests while planning, but I've stopped feeling all this guilt about thinking I'm upsetting someone.

#15 baybride

baybride
          • 33 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 05:22 PM

Oh cool, March 28 was the only weekend date in Spring for a 4 pm ceremony so I grabbed it quik since dates seem to go fast on here. Maybe we'll get to meet while we are there.

#16 baybride

baybride
            • 33 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 05:26 PM

Morgan, thanks for the advice, I just have to get over it. You are right, this is our wedding and we should have what we want not what they want.

#17 monicaswave

monicaswave
              • 450 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 05:56 PM

[QUOTE=baybride;340210] Most of my family is in Northern California, some in Southern CA and just based on some rates I've seen online it looks like they can expect to spend about $1500/person and I don't know if that's asking too much of a person. QUOTE]

Baybride....was this quote for a whole week? If so, the price actually sounds very reasonable. Keep in mind that some of your guests may not stay the entire week. The majority of our guests will only be coming for 3 to 4 nights so it makes it more economical. I think our 3 night package is costing my guests $850 per person.

#18 Bride010101

Bride010101
                • 1,547 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 05:58 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by monicaswave
                  Baybride....was this quote for a whole week? If so, the price actually sounds very reasonable. Keep in mind that some of your guests may not stay the entire week. The majority of our guests will only be coming for 3 to 4 nights so it makes it more economical. I think our 3 night package is costing my guests $850 per person.
                  Good point! I meant to mention that as well.

We decided not to do a group rate for that specific reason. This way guests can plan to go for as long or as short as they want (or budget allows)!

#19 monicaswave

monicaswave
                  • 450 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 05:59 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by baybride
                    Most of my family is in Northern California, some in Southern CA and just based on some rates I've seen online it looks like they can expect to spend about $1500/person and I don't know if that's asking too much of a person. .

#20 baybride

baybride
                    • 33 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 06:27 PM

Monicaswave... this was for 4 days 3 nights, I pretty much came up with this by getting rates off or ror & air jamaica's websites.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users