Photo

Mommies to be check in

• Please log in to reply
2428 replies to this topic

#981 Angel

Angel
  • 2,635 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 11:30 AM

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. Looks like everyone is good for the most part. I went to the Dr's last thursday and got to hear the heartbeat. It was pretty cool to see the reaction on my fiances face. This is his first so I can understand. I go for a 1st trimester screening on the 31st. I tried on my wedding dress this morning and surprisingly it still fit but I know I won't be able to in a couple months. So I'm thinking of taking it in and have her make it a corset back. Other than that everything is good.

#982 Spazz

Spazz
    • VIP Member
    • 10,482 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 11:46 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Bisha
      I'm soooo glad to hear that I'm not the only one who plans on waiting until much later to do all that stuff!!!! I figured, the baby is due end of May so sometime in March, we can get the room ready. These girls on another preggers thread I'm on that are due in May are already on top fo that stuff!!! I dont know how they do it? :) LOL
      I'm usually so on top of things and want everything done now, but my husband forced me to wait on doing the nursery because I was dependent on him to paint, pull up the rugs, etc. etc. It drove me crazy not having it done months ago, and now that it's finally getting finished I'm so happy. But really it doesn't even need to be done til the baby is here, so I should have just calmed down...lol!

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Kelly C
      Ok, is anyone else a hormonal mess? I called my mother Thursday bawling my head off. Asking her what wrong with me. I have no patientances and cry at a drop of a hat. I dont know what I did on wednesday, but the next morning i couldnt get my wedding ring on. Its too early for that. She just laughed and said "oh honey ur just pregant". Glad she got a good laugh. This is not cool. All of a sudden this week I have blown up. I can really see it in my face. Sorry girls needed to vent to others that are in my situation.
      I was an emotional disaster for a good 4 or 5 months. Seriously, I thought that my husband was going to divorce me and I was going to end up committed. It calmed down for me in the middle of the second trimester and I've been pretty good since then. I talked to my doctor and she said there are safe medications I could be put on, but I chose not to. If it gets really bad though, definitely talk to your doctor about either meds and/or counseling. I feel for you because I remember how miserable I was. Big hugs!

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Angel
      Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. Looks like everyone is good for the most part. I went to the Dr's last thursday and got to hear the heartbeat. It was pretty cool to see the reaction on my fiances face. This is his first so I can understand. I go for a 1st trimester screening on the 31st. I tried on my wedding dress this morning and surprisingly it still fit but I know I won't be able to in a couple months. So I'm thinking of taking it in and have her make it a corset back. Other than that everything is good.
      Glad to hear everything is going well. That sounds like the perfect plan for your dress!

#983 Kelly C

Kelly C
      • 2,051 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 02:38 PM

Thanks Lizz. I am going to mention it to my Dr on the 2nd. its absolutly misarble. I hate being like this and I find its worse at night when Im getting tired. Everyone pisses me off. I had serious road range the other day going to the mall. People were driving like idiots and it was making me crazy. Thanks for the support. I'll let you know if my family disowns me or not.
        Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

http://i295.photobuc....e/IMG_9487.jpg

#984 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
        • 4,979 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 02:52 PM

Wow, it's been a while since I've visited this thread - there are so many new preggos. It's like a fresh batch every couple of months comes in waves. Congratulations to all of the new-mommies-to-be!!

Karma, the picture in your siggy is the very first I've seen of Hannah, and my goodness is she beautiful. I think she just wants to be held all of the time because she knows how gorgeous she is and if you put her down she's thinkin', "mommy, what are you doing? I'm too gorgeous to be away from even for just one second!"

Lizz and Mo, I can't believe your little bundles of joy are almost here. That' went so quickly!! Mo, how does Morgan feel knowing she'll have a little brother soon?
          Happily Married since May 9, 2008
          Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#985 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
          • VIP Member
          • 18,452 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 06:03 PM

Hey girls just checking in. Wanted to add myself to the mommies to be thread but i'm really early. I dont have many symptoms but i've been crying at the drop of a dime. I was arguing with dh over the weekend, not anything big just a lil disagreement and i started to cry. It was nothing to cry over, i couldnt even tell you what it was about. Other than that ive just had major heartburn about 6 times, light cramps, and my boobs are tender (and slightly bigger I have some actual cleevage now lol).

hows everyone else feeling?
            ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
            Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
            Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#986 Kelly C

Kelly C
            • 2,051 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 06:31 PM

Yeh, Danielle glad you made it over here. Its pretty quite in here lately. I guess the girls are busy with being new mommies. Congrats!!!!!

#987 Mrs. Martin

Mrs. Martin
              • 514 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 06:42 PM

Congrats Danielle!! Glad to hear you are not having too many symptoms, but hopefully the heartburn won't be repeating!

I've been feeling blah these last few days, that's why I haven't been checking up on the preggos (sorry ladies). I'm not throwing up, but I feel like I have nausea all the time. I've been trying to keep eating little meals to avoid my stomach turning. It's been helping for the most part, but I'm still not feeling 100%.

I have an appt today with my doc, so I'll keep you all posted when I get back!

#988 Kelly C

Kelly C
                • 2,051 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 06:48 PM

Try eating peeled apples for the nausea. I had to eat them every day with my last one. Good luck on the appointment. I have the downs and chromo 18 ultra sounds friday morning.

#989 Angel

Angel
                  • 2,635 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:50 PM

Congrats Danielle!!!!! Glad you can join us. I've been laying low over here. Trying to get over this icky feeling I've been having. But other than that I've been feeling alright. I have my 1st trimester ultrasound tomorrow. So I will keep everybody posted. Hope everybody is doing well and have a Happy New Year!!!!!!

#990 Angel

Angel
                    • 2,635 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:52 PM

Wow, 192 days left. This is worse than counting down the days until my wedding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users